Hi, yesterday I was changing my existing spring claw (as part of an Ibanez Edge pro trem) for a Tremol-no, a replacement claw with an affixed clamp that allows you to lock the trem (which is fantastic).

However as I was rescrewing in the two claw screws with minimal tension (I was using the bar to pull the bridge back from it's unspringed position) one of the screws popped out, bringing all of the thread with it which means a rather nice guitar is now broken in quite an important place

I've previously used the matchstick into the hole trick for a neck screw but would this be appropriate for a screw that has half of the entire spring and string tension routed through it, or shall I just take it to a pro to fix it all up?

One option would be to use a larger screw. A second would be to glue in a dowel and then drill a new hole. If you arent familiar with this sort of thing a tech might be in order.
I wouldn't necessarily use a matchstick, but a dowel made out of some stronger wood. You will be surprised how strong a dowel and some wood glue are.
Quote by jimtaka
I wouldn't necessarily use a matchstick, but a dowel made out of some stronger wood. You will be surprised how strong a dowel and some wood glue are.

Pretty much this, do it properly the first time so you won't have to repeat it a second time. That said you should take it to a luthier if you aren't confident in doing it.