As the title says, which amp should I pick up Roland Cube 80x or Blackstar ht-5 (combo one)?
I play in a band 2 times a week, we dont gig for a long time yet. Also I play quite much in my room as well so.
Music styles vary from blues rock to progressive metal, I play alot different music including a bit classical stuff.
Budget is like 450 € uh.
i would get a blackstar 5, but im not sure if its heard so good over a drummer,
also maby go used and find a head version so you can get a 1x12 cab or a 2x12 instead of the 10' speaker the combo have
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

No Verses Threads!

HT-5+2X12 cab no contest.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
I know alot of people aren't fans of the Roland Cube, but I really like the 80x. I think you get alot of features, looper, tuner, auxiliary inputs. I haven't played the Blackstar so I can't really say, but I've heard nothing but good about it. I think the sound of the 80x is pretty decent, but it up to you man, just go play them. If you want alot of effects and models, then the Roland, if you want classic tube tone and pretty good versatility, go with the Blackstar.
Quote by CullenT
No Verses Threads!

this is not a versus thread, its a buy advice thread where he narrowed it down to 2 amps
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Last edited by Jaekae at Jul 30, 2009,
HT-5 + 2x12 = win, however you may struggle with drummer but you can always hook up to your vocalists PA...
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Quote by CullenT
No Verses Threads!

Whats your deal with trying to report and tell people what they should and shouldnt be posting. You where just told by a mod a few days ago to actually read before you try and get a gold bannana sticker for something you dont even know anything about.

And TS how loud is your drummer? You might be able to get over him you might not..
Quote by IheardUlikepie
so with ht-5 + 2x12 it generally means u cant really play quietly am i right?

You can play as quiet as you like or crank it.. The cab will just sound better, project better and offer a marginal volume increase.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Whats your deal with trying to report and tell people what they should and shouldnt be posting. You where just told by a mod a few days ago to actually read before you try and get a gold bannana sticker for something you dont even know anything about.

And TS how loud is your drummer? You might be able to get over him you might not..

Sorry my cousin found out the password and has been trolling. I just realized it (thanks to you, and a quick post check), and changed my password.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
Sorry my cousin found out the password and has been trolling. I just realized it (thanks to you, and a quick post check), and changed my password.

Figured something was up.. Half of your posts looked legit and the other half were way out there

And good thing you found out man..
I know, I had a huge WTF moment

Thanks

And I apologize now for any douche-y comments made on the board or un-needed reporting.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
I know, I had a huge WTF moment

Thanks

And I apologize now for any douche-y comments made on the board or un-needed reporting.

Yea that would have been quite confusing coming into a bunch of people going off on ya or worse being banned and you dont know what the hell is going on.
Exactly. It confused me already when you were talking about the Mod in the other thread until I went back and viewed it.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss