So for kicks I decided to sign up for king of the blues. I have been playing seriously for only a year and a couple months really. But the more I practice it the more I realize how difficult it really is to truly play the blue but also the more I get into it the more I feel it. I have loved many blues players from eric johnson and stevie ray vaughn to billy gibbons, and even b.b. king and son house. Though can anyone help me with technique and style? I have been more of a rock and metal player because it is easy fast and fun... but the blue requires you to really slow down and express your notes so sloppiness is a complete no no when it comes to soloing because it is obvious you flubbed up.

I am thinking of playing in open E with a mix of slide and regular soloing... but I am also starting back from square one because it is open E however it is forcing me to slow down and express my self in a more emotional way...

Thank you in advance for your help
Bring Back the Music

I am a gear whore... Any little odds and ends that is in the middle of nowhere, I am coming for you

UG Missle Silo

Quote by SvnStringMaster
It sounds way hot, fuzzy, and like i shoved a mic up my ass and ran up the stairs.
Start by learning major, mixolydian, dorian, blues, and minor scales. There are a ton of websites that can help you, just google scale generator. Once you learn your scales find a website that can let you set up a backing track and chord progression. Once you begin soloing you don't have to play up and down scales but you can use the scales and the chord tones in the scales and play it however it feels good.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
I have the A Major, Minor, Blue, Dorian, and Mixolydian in both standard and open E tunings and I have alot of the GC KofTB backing tracks that I have been playing over
Bring Back the Music

I am a gear whore... Any little odds and ends that is in the middle of nowhere, I am coming for you

UG Missle Silo

Quote by SvnStringMaster
It sounds way hot, fuzzy, and like i shoved a mic up my ass and ran up the stairs.