First of all, yes I know how to use the search function! And I found seventeen pages of unorganized dumping of various tabs, anywhere from heavy norwegian death metal, to love songs.... with tons of wierd tuning and often two or more guitars!

ITT Acoustic Instrumentals:

-With Only One Guitar
-With either standard, or G6 tuning (maybe a few exceptions)
-That are intermediate, or possibly leaning a bit towards advanced or beginner

So, basically no heavy metal... even try to avoid heavy rock! Other than that, anything goes! Whether it's unheard of, or is played on the radio daily! Anything acoustic, that doesn't have lyrics and fits the above criteria!

Thanks,
fngrstylgtr

You should go classic or flamenco.

I always enjoy playing the classics like Sonate au clair de lune or more songs like that.

and flamenco is great too, if you know your rumbas
Look up Kaki King!
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Lots of Ry Cooder songs are just him and slide guitar
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Well, I was into classical when I first started playing guitar, and it shows in my playing! The problem is after even 5 or 10 classical songs they all start to sound the same Boooooring, haha! Anyways, I'm looking for songs more of the pioneer's of the 'new age' of guitar! Like people on Candyrat, Tommy Emmanuel... those type of people! I find that classical is very suffocating, like there are invisible boundaries that make all songs sound very similar! But with the people on Candyrat, and stuff like that... it's almost always fresh

p.s. Actually, classical shows a lot in my playing! Even though I play largely steel string... I still do 'the walk' like you do on a classical, similar to how bassists play! I can get really good speed by doing that, since I have two alternating fingers! Some people who see me play ask if I did bass before I started 6 string
Whitewash by Buckethead is a very great sounding acoustic instrumental!
This is my signature... And yes this is the most original thing... ever.
Gear:
Guitars
Epiphone Dot
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG2EX1

Amps
Roland Cube 30X

Pedals
DOD FX25-B Envelope Filter
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Big Muff Pi
"Lots of Ry Cooder songs are just him and slide guitar"
Thanks for the contribution, but I'm looking for simple 6 string songs! I don't own a slide

Wow, I like Kaki King! I'm gonna get some tabs for Goby!

And Whitewash sounds cool!

Edit:
Uh oh, no tabs for Goby!
Anyone here got a tab?
Last edited by fngrstylgtr at Jul 30, 2009,
Then try
Michael Chapdelaine
Andy Mckee
Erik Mongrain
and Chet Atking

The most innovative acoustic guitar players at this moment(IMO)
Could you recommend any specific songs by them? Specifically ones that fit the criteria?
Thanks.
Quote by fngrstylgtr
Could you recommend any specific songs by them? Specifically ones that fit the criteria?
Thanks.

they are all acoustic, one guitar, no vocal songs

Chapdelaine is mostly fairly difficult fingerstyle, does a lot of cover like california dreaming and rain dance(great arrangements)
Mongrain plays lap-guitar, best song in my opinion is Air guitar
and Mckee uses slapping on his guitar as percussion.

And you just shold now who Atkins is
Impending Death of the Virgin Spirit by Will Ackerman i believe it is? its great
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by fngrstylgtr
"Lots of Ry Cooder songs are just him and slide guitar"
Thanks for the contribution, but I'm looking for simple 6 string songs! I don't own a slide

Sorry, I read the title as "slide guitar" instead of "single guitar"

In that case, listen to some solo Jorma Kaukonen
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
"Sorry, I read the title as "slide guitar" instead of "single guitar"

In that case, listen to some solo Jorma Kaukonen"

Haha, alright... no problem! Thanks for the quick replies guys!
Also, I most definately know who chet is Chet, tommy and Merl all go hand in hand
Anyways, keep it up!
Newton faulkner- Teardrop, or Newton Faulker- UFO
And seriously try Airtap! from Erik mongrain
I was thinking of it, 'cause it doesn't look unreasonabley difficult! But I don't have to play it on my lap do I?
Quote by fngrstylgtr
I was thinking of it, 'cause it doesn't look unreasonabley difficult! But I don't have to play it on my lap do I?

I don't see how you can play it without doing that ?
Well, that'll be interesting to try anyways!

Also, I've made a website where I'll be stockpiling all the Acoustic Guitar Instrumentals that I can find! I'll be updating whenever I get new tabs! Also, does anyone know how I could get powertabs on my site?

http://fngrstylgtr.webs.com/

there it is!
Last edited by fngrstylgtr at Jul 31, 2009,