Does anyone know how I can develop a good vibrato? Everytime, I try to do it, it sounds like a fly in my ear.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
part of it is not trying/thinking so hard, and just let it flow naturally if you can
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
1. learn your bending
2. Make sure you press down hard enough so the string keeps ringing
3. bend really fast up and down (this will take some training, it will get faster)

if this is what you have already done, then just keep practicing, it will get better...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Quote by DerAj2
make it sound how you want it to sound

Wow thanks I hadn't thought of that
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
There are some excellent lessons on UG. Just go to the homepage, change the search bar from "Song Names" to "Lessons", and then enter "Vibrato". There are some good lessons there. Good luck.
listen to david gilmour from pink floyd. his vibratos are perfect.

i read an interview by him once, he described how he was trying to match the vibrato of a person singing (in this case a female). He described how she would sing a note, and right near the end as she was running out of breath, you would hear that small little vibrato shake in her voice. he then spent 300 years practicing that in his basement to create some of the worlds best vibrato.
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
I agree with the David Gilmour thing, but also check out Mark Knophler's and Derek Trucks vibrato.

Just listen to theirs and try to emulate it. Eventually, your own preferences will begin to emerge.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.