hey im thinking of buying an ESP or Jackson custom guitar. i made the spec sheet but i have no clue wat to do after that. can any of u guys tell me how the process goes?
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
well, you e-mail the spec sheet, they'll take a look and then they'll give you an estimate and then you pay for it, then they build it and ship it to you.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
well, you e-mail the spec sheet, they'll take a look and then they'll give you an estimate and then you pay for it, then they build it and ship it to you.

this or you give it to your local dealer i believe
for a custom esp, they have a link on their website, it gives you an estimate, and tells you what to do after i think

http://www.espguitars.com/customshop.html
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
Last edited by viper_mike at Jul 30, 2009,
Send it to Ormsby.

Forget companies that make overpriced "custom" guitars, that you can't even make custom.
yeah, im designing my own custom guitar now, custom graphic, shape and inlay. Goin for some HR Giger-esque graphic, only a few graphic inlay (abalone) and an RGA shape, with a huge cut out. Gonna send it to ESP once im done. I'd build it myself but im not the best painter, i can only photoshop cool things.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
yeah, you give the spec sheet to your local dealer, and then the dealer and esp/jackson get together and think of a number and treble it. I think that's how it works.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ghold125
Just wondering, what are the specs for the guitar?

the jackson will be a white rhoads model with black binding, emg's wit a sustainer, floyd rose, and maybe a custom graphic on the body
the esp will be a white ex model all the same specs as the jackson
not looking for anything real special, just something that'll fit me
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Go for the jackson it will cost less than the esp.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by Sakattack75
the jackson will be a white rhoads model with black binding, emg's wit a sustainer, floyd rose, and maybe a custom graphic on the body
the esp will be a white ex model all the same specs as the jackson
not looking for anything real special, just something that'll fit me

So, you don't want a custom, you just want a production model guitar modified. Btw, to give you an understanding at the price the ESP custom shop charges you: Some one ordered the same exact specs as an ESP M-II with the exception of changing the EMG's to some Seymour Duncans, and they gave him an estimate of $4,250.

If I were you, I would just find a production model guitar that is as close to what you want, then find a luither to make the modifications that you want.
Sell your organs and donate blood, so you can afford it...
JK give the sheet to your local dealer and prepare for the wallet massacre
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ LD
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Yamaha C40M
Quote by randomhero93

And unless you're famous, expect to wait several months.
I second Carvin..you pay a fraction of the price for the same choice of options.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by Ghold125
So, you don't want a custom, you just want a production model guitar modified. Btw, to give you an understanding at the price the ESP custom shop charges you: Some one ordered the same exact specs as an ESP M-II with the exception of changing the EMG's to some Seymour Duncans, and they gave him an estimate of $4,250.

If I were you, I would just find a production model guitar that is as close to what you want, then find a luither to make the modifications that you want.

****ing facepalm. Do you not understand what custom shop actually means? Do you seriously just think it's going to just a regular standard series with a few parts changed? Please if you're going to be dissing Custom Shops and the likes at least understand how they operate they're not your regular cookie cutter guitars. Anyway if the ts wants an ESP/Jackson custom shop then let him order that one if he wants something that's built more local then he can go to whatever luthier he wants. That said this 'person' that custom ordered the M-II did he actually go through with the order 'cos I'm pretty sure you can just buy an M-II with SD pickups from the standard series line up.
+2 Most the people on this forum dont even know what there talking about when it comes to CS stuff.

Quote by azn_guitarist25
****ing facepalm. Do you not understand what custom shop actually means? Do you seriously just think it's going to just a regular standard series with a few parts changed? Please if you're going to be dissing Custom Shops and the likes at least understand how they operate they're not your regular cookie cutter guitars. Anyway if the ts wants an ESP/Jackson custom shop then let him order that one if he wants something that's built more local then he can go to whatever luthier he wants. That said this 'person' that custom ordered the M-II did he actually go through with the order 'cos I'm pretty sure you can just buy an M-II with SD pickups from the standard series line up.
Custom Shop facilities are great if you're a professional or long-time serious hobbyist looking for the absolute pinnacle in quality, but for the vast, vast majority of people a standard ESP would be overkill, let alone an ESP Custom Shop model made specifically for them.

You should really consider whether or not you need the full Custom Shop gubbinz. It doesn't sound like the guitars you're thinking of are that unusual and I get the impression you're not really someone who does need or who could even notice that full Custom Shop quality.

Two more things to consider are the Fender custom shop and Warmoth. So long as you can live with a bolt-on neck, the Fender Custom Shop will make you anything you want from a basic £1800 starting price point - with that, you can even specify which of Fender's master builders makes the guitar - and it's actually for all intents and purposes the same as the Jackson Custom Shop only it tends to be a bit cheaper.
Or there's Warmoth who can make you the parts for anything you want and a total guitar usually only costs around the same as an American Standard Strat/LP, but with Warmoth you do need to put the guitar together yourself; Warmoth just make the seperate parts, they don't assemble the guitar itself.

Then of course there's local luthiers. There's a lot of small companies or single people who make absolute top-quality guitars at much lower prices than a big brand. I mean around here, I can get a custom made, one-off, custom paintjob, set-through neck hand made Les Paul with hand made pickups and everything the exact spec I want, right down to fractions of a millimetre thickness in neck thickness and nut width, all for the same price as a generic Gibson Les Paul Standard would cost. Local, private luthiers are a great way to go for custom guitars.

For the record, I've looked into an ESP custom build myself in the past - £5,000 for a super-Strat that a private luthier would make me for £2,100, Fender would make me for £2,700 and would make myself from Warmoth for £1,300, or just get a similar thing off the ESP standard range for £1,100. Now sure, the ESP Custom build would be pretty good, but no better than the Fender or private luthier custom guitars, barely any better than the Warmoth build and not all that much better than the standard ESP, especially considering ESP's custom options are fairly limited anyway. Not worth an extra £2,000-£3,000.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble

Then of course there's local luthiers. There's a lot of small companies or single people who make absolute top-quality guitars at much lower prices than a big brand. I mean around here, I can get a custom made, one-off, custom paintjob, set-through neck hand made Les Paul with hand made pickups and everything the exact spec I want, right down to fractions of a millimetre thickness in neck thickness and nut width, all for the same price as a generic Gibson Les Paul Standard would cost. Local, private luthiers are a great way to go for custom guitars.

For the record, I've looked into an ESP custom build myself in the past - £5,000 for a super-Strat that a private luthier would make me for £2,100, Fender would make me for £2,700 and would make myself from Warmoth for £1,300, or just get a similar thing off the ESP standard range for £1,100. Now sure, the ESP Custom build would be pretty good, but no better than the Fender or private luthier custom guitars, barely any better than the Warmoth build and not all that much better than the standard ESP, especially considering ESP's custom options are fairly limited anyway. Not worth an extra £2,000-£3,000.

agreed, that's what i'm talking about. I'm not suggesting the custom shop models don't have more care etc. put into them, i'm saying you're paying a pretty extortionate premium for the pleasure, and odds are a local luthier would put the same level of care, if not more (assuming you find a good one), for a lot less cash.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?