Poll: What sport are you most interested in watching?
Poll Options
View poll results: What sport are you most interested in watching?
Skate
32 67%
FMX
12 25%
Rally
8 17%
Surfing
4 8%
BMX
17 35%
FreeSking (lol)
7 15%
I forgot one maybe?
7 15%
Voters: 48.
Page 1 of 2
As some of you might know, The X Games officially starts in a little under 3 and a half hours. For me the X Games is the biggest event of the year and I know I can't be alone on that. This thread is for anything and everything X Games.

To start things off, What event(s) or you looking forward to? I'm pretty excited for all the Skate events.

So have your T.V.s turned to ESPN for the biggest Action Sports event of the year.

T.V. Schedule:

Thursday, July 30
Time________________Event___________________Network

8 pm- 9 pm_______X Center_____________________ESPN

9 pm- 11 pm______Moto X Best Whip______________ESPN
________________Skateboard Big Air Final
________________Moto X Step Up Final

1 am- 2 pm_______X Center_____________________ESPN 2

Friday, July 31
Time_________________Event_________________Network
7 pm- 8 pm_______X Center_____________________ESPN

8 pm- 11 pm______BMX Freestyle Street___________ESPN
________________Big Air Rail Jam Final
________________BMX Freestyle Big Air Final
________________Super X Adaptive Final
________________Moto X Best Trick Final

1 am- 2 pm_______X Center_____________________ESPN 2

Saturday, August 1
Time ____________________Event_______________Network
3 pm- 6 pm_______Moto X Freestyle Elimination_______ABC
________________BMX Freestyle Park Final
________________Skateboard Street Men's Final
________________Moto X Super Moto Men's Final

7:30 pm- 11 pm___BMX Freestyle Vert Final___________ESPN
________________Moto X Super X Men's & Women's Finals
________________Skateboard Vert Final
________________Moto X Freestyle Final
1 am- 2 pm_______X Center_______________________ESPN 2

Sunday, August 2
Time____________________Event________________Network
3 pm- 6 pm_______Rally Car Racing Elimination________ABC
________________Skateboard Park Men's Final
________________Rally Car Racing Final

9 pm- 10 pm______X Center______________________ESPN 2

All times are in Eastern Standard.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Jul 30, 2009,
Is Chris Cole entering Skateboarding Street and Best Trick? If he is then you can pretty much just give him the gold. He's inhuman.
Rally car is fun to watch. I love all of it though

Who else is looking forward to seeing Travis Pastrana throw it down in FMX Best Trick again?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Rally car is fun to watch. I love all of it though

Who else is looking forward to seeing Travis Pastrana throw it down in FMX Best Trick again?

I doubt Travis Pastrana is doing Freestyle. He hasn't done it since he did the Double Backflip. There is a guy that did the Double at an X Fighters competition not too long ago. I'm sure he'll be there.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Any idea if this is being shown in the UK at all?
Quote by gjvx
Damn you Spicer001, I'll get you for this...

[GT]Spicer001 of the UG Gaming Force
Quote by Spicer001
Any idea if this is being shown in the UK at all?

I doubt it. However, you can go to ESPN360.com to watch live webcasts.
Quote by MakinLattes
If I could watch I'd watch Free Skiing.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

lol awesome.
Last night I was wondering when they were going to start. I love the X Games.
ERADICATE THIS DISEASE

Because it's killing me.
I love the X games.. i honestly lose hours!!... skating events are alway the most exciting to watch though.

The thing is though i dont really follow skating or skaters so i usually end up picking a random skater and following him lmao!!
I'm working tonight. Will I be able to watch it online after? ESPN360.com shows it live but does it still show the clips after it's over?
Quote by skaterskagg1
I'm working tonight. Will I be able to watch it online after? ESPN360.com shows it live but does it still show the clips after it's over?

When do you get off? You should be able to see highlights of the nights events on X center.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by itchy guitar
When do you get off? You should be able to see highlights of the nights events on X center.

I'm sure I'll be able to catch the highlights.

I hope they actually show Skateboarding Street this year. Most years they only show about 30 seconds worth of highlights. recently they've been showing more though.
Quote by skaterskagg1
I'm sure I'll be able to catch the highlights.

I hope they actually show Skateboarding Street this year. Most years they only show about 30 seconds worth of highlights. recently they've been showing more though.

That pisses me off so bad!

Both last year AND the year before, I turn on X games hoping to see Skate street, but it didn't come on.

RAGE! RAGE! RAGE!
Quote by MakinLattes
why is there a (lol) after freeskiing? Personally it's my favorite sport and my passion and I don't see why it's so funny. Maybe I missed on an inside joke.
Danny Way isn't in Big Air this year

Also is it bad that I kind of want to see someone bail on the mega ramp?
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
I remember one year they didn't show the street skating competition on TV. You had to watch it on the ESPN website. And that's the one thing that people who actually skate want to see.
Skate is usually my favorite. Bob Burnquist is awesome. I'm watching Big Air right now.

I watch BMX sometimes too.

I really hope Summer X comes back East next year. I went to it in Philadelphia in 2001 and 2002. It was awesome. I saw Burnquist get his 98 on Vert and win the Gold. It was amazing.
Quote by daytripper75
Skate is usually my favorite. Bob Burnquist is awesome. I'm watching Big Air right now.

I really hope Summer X comes back East next year. I went to it in Philadelphia in 2000 and 2001. It was awesome. I saw Burnquist get his 98 on Vert and win the Gold. It was amazing.

Seriously, Bob is dominating Big Air. Of course he's going to win, he owns the biggest ramp in the world, he practices this EVERY DAY.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
I wanted to see that 900.

And Natrone, I just found out that Travis Pastrana will be back to FMX this year! Woo!
Quote by MakinLattes
Jake Brown
And yeah, Travis is back tomorrow, I can't wait to see that.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by itchy guitar
I doubt Travis Pastrana is doing Freestyle. He hasn't done it since he did the Double Backflip. There is a guy that did the Double at an X Fighters competition not too long ago. I'm sure he'll be there.

Yeah he is. They've been talking about it all day. I guess he's got some kinda backflip 360 up his sleeve

EDIT: Ah, I see you found out already. Should be a really good watch. Hopefully I'm able to see it.

Quote by flyingsquirrel
why is there a (lol) after freeskiing? Personally it's my favorite sport and my passion and I don't see why it's so funny. Maybe I missed on an inside joke.

It doesn't say freeskiing, it says Freesking.

Free + sking. Word play my man.

IT SAYS FRISKING!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by daytripper75

I really hope Summer X comes back East next year. I went to it in Philadelphia in 2001 and 2002. It was awesome. I saw Burnquist get his 98 on Vert and win the Gold. It was amazing.

How often have they done it in the East Coast? Most years it's in Carson, CA. And where in the East Coast is it usually.
i love to watch every single ****in one- espscially BMX though. I dont know why but i get so tensed every time any BMX biker does the kiss if death trick- scary yet awesome
I used to watch this every year, but I've kind of grown out of it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I used to watch this every year, but I've kind of grown out of it.

I grew out of everything but Skateboarding Street. As long as they actually show that, which doesn't always happen, I'll keep watching the Xgames.
FMX ftw. Can't wait to see Trav's 360 Double Heel-Clicker Backflip Kiss of Death Cliffhanger Barhop.
I'm an extreme supporter of the Second Amendment

It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a women's separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation.
Quote by skaterskagg1
I grew out of everything but Skateboarding Street. As long as they actually show that, which doesn't always happen, I'll keep watching the Xgames.
I don't care about skating at all any more, except for Skate 2. And I still watch Almost Round 3 every now and then because it's ****ing amazing.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I don't care about skating at all any more, except for Skate 2. And I still watch Almost Round 3 every now and then because it's ****ing amazing.

Same, as I got older and focused more on school, work, girlfriends, skating took a back seat to the point that I don't even go to the skate park anymore. I miss the good old days of all day skate seshes at the big universities(which ALWAYS have spots) near my home.
The Xgames remind me of my youth in a way.
That was one damn awesome big air jam. I'm pretty proud to be able to say that I know Adam Taylor. As for FMX best trick, Pastrana will be attempting a backflip 360. The same trick that Dave Mirra is known for on his bicycle. Rumor has it that there will be 5 never before done tricks in FMX tonight. I can't wait.
Quote by MakinLattes
Is it bad that I giggled a little when the paraplegics fell off their bikes?
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by daytripper75
Danny Way SHOULD NOT have won Gold.

You're absolutely right, and I'm not just brown-nosing. Sure give him points for doing it switch, but better than a kickflip indy 50-50?

Quote by skaterskagg1
In which event? I missed it.

It was big air but with a rail over the gap. Like the DC video if you've seen it.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by itchy guitar
You're absolutely right, and I'm not just brown-nosing. Sure give him points for doing it switch, but better than a kickflip indy 50-50?

It was big air but with a rail over the gap. Like the DC video if you've seen it.

Who did he snake it from?
Quote by skaterskagg1
Who did he snake it from?

Bob got 2nd. I forgot what he did. Loriface got third with a steezy steezy overcrook. Adam Taylor got 4th with a Kickflip Indy 50-50.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by itchy guitar

Exactly. I realize he is hurt too, but his trick wasn't better. Simple as that. I honestly think Adam Taylor should have gotten a medal. He only got 4th. If they gave Way a 92 for his, then Taylor surely should have scored higher than that.
Page 1 of 2