Page 1 of 4
I'm not really sure if this is really a metal-related enough topic to be in this subforum, but meh, seems like it could make some interesting discussion...

Anyways, thoughts on metal clothing or whatever? Anybody follow it? Anybody strongly against it?

Personally, I don't really dress like how metalheads are usually portayed, 'sides the occasional band shirt. It's always awesome seeing a group of long-haired drunk f*cks with Obituary shirts if you live in the suburbs where 3OH!3 is playing everywhere you go, though.
Pretty much just tshirts/hoodies for me. Fairly apathetic towards the rest of it, but seeing lads in huge black boots and all black clothing, with chains hanging off them, complete with metal tshirt that has a ridiculous slogan on the back is pretty hilarious. Calm the head like.

i.e. a Devourment tshirt that says something like 'I MOLEST BABIES' or something, on the back. Really no need, makes you look like a wally.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Last edited by Stranglehold at Jul 30, 2009,
I just have random band t-shirts and hoodies and wear jeans or shorts if its hot
^thats probably sarcasm^

Quote by kpatterson14206
Death Metal bands are very simple, little to no vocal schemes, just normal, mono-tone, monotonous growling and an assload of breakdowns.
i like the t-shirts and stuff, but when it gets really heavy into leather and spikes and black pants and stuff, then i don't like it.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Yeah, just shirts for me. It's much more comfortable than the ridiculous ear/nose rings and extremely tight jeans.

Only the few can pull this off.
I sporty around a Devilock with a six in fringe Random band Tee's jeans or Camo shorts. And Skate shoes, I agree with Stanglehold on the topic but sometimes its OK if it's part of the stage presence...That really drifted off from the point..here's the good news, I'm sorry
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
I wear Medievil armour.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
band shirt, black, gray or regular jeans, and a torso piercing (yeah, from my back all the way through my chest)
Quote by xChristgrindeRx

And Devilocks are mad homo.

I just said **** it Misfits are pretty cool
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Quote by Dyer's Eve
I wear Medievil armour.

You mean Medieval? Or:

Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
I wear bandanas over my face.

Oh wait, that wasn't me. lol
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Long hair, camo shorts, classic rock or metal t-shirt, and my Eddie Van Halen shoes. Oh, and either a Judas Priest or Skid Row belt buckle on a studded belt. When it's cold, I wear 80's style tight jeans. On stage I wear pleather pants.
Quote by MetalUpYourRear
Long hair, camo shorts, classic rock or metal t-shirt, and my Eddie Van Halen shoes. Oh, and either a Judas Priest or Skid Row belt buckle on a studded belt. When it's cold, I wear 80's style tight jeans. On stage I wear pleather pants.

Do you sacrifice your sperm mobility for your metal look??
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Just jeans/maybe shorts and a band tee really. The ones that overdo it (eg what Stranglehold said in his first response) just make me laugh.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Metal Pride takes priority over Fertility every time.

Metal 101 man, get with it.

EDIT: To the bald Irish bloke.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Metal Pride takes priority over Fertility every time.

Metal 101 man, get with it.

EDIT: To the bald Irish bloke.

What if you want to have kids, who will some day train to be metal warriors?

It seems I am the Leibniz to your Newton! Glaivin!

Also, this is the only metal fashion video you need: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAW6kHCf-2I
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
we discovered that band tshirts are a handy way of keeping track of your friends at festivals. As its not "find a person with long hair and a black tshirt in a crowd of 10000 people" but its "find a guy with Destruction shirt and a guy with an Arch Enemy shirt and a hat"

also, beanies are f'n metal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NakrJiTl2v8&feature=PlayList&p=181D2BE81FBCFE53&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=91
Quote by xChristgrindeRx
Real metallurs wear cardboard gauntlets.

Too bad none of you are nekrokvlt enough to know what band that is.

This is exactly how I look when I head to the grocery store
I often get weird looks though
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by Stranglehold
Do you sacrifice your sperm mobility for your metal look??

Hell yeah I do! Chicks LOVE the pleather! hahaha

(Invalid img)

Yes, that is my crotch...
Jesus.....
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested

Anyway, for me, just jeans (somewhat tight, although not penis suffocatingly tight), long hair, t-shirt and converse high-tops. And in the winter a leather jacket. And I suppose if I'm feeling especially cult (sitting in my room eating gold fish, listening to Destruction, Blasphemy, or Beherit and playing Battle For Middle Earth 2 with my step brother), a bullet belt.

And Chrisgrinder, that's Maniac Butcher.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Jul 30, 2009,
Quote by MetalMessiah665

Anyway, for me, just jeans (somewhat tight, although not penis suffocatingly tight), long hair, t-shirt and converse high-tops. And in the winter a leather jacket. And I suppose if I'm feeling especially cult (sitting in my room eating gold fish, listening to Destruction, Blasphemy, or Beherit and playing Battle For Middle Earth 2 with my step brother), a bullet belt.

1. That's because you know I luv 'dem. Dun' lie.

2. And here's my response to that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuRkqhNk2uM

NO IS NOT!
Quote by Rizzo228
I sporty around a Devilock with a six in fringe Random band Tee's jeans or Camo shorts. And Skate shoes, I agree with Stanglehold on the topic but sometimes its OK if it's part of the stage presence...That really drifted off from the point..here's the good news, I'm sorry

Eh?
Last edited by JimmyTheRipper at Jul 30, 2009,
Quote by MetalMessiah665

Fuck yes.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
the only look i go after is band shirt, jeans, converse hightops, studded belt, and longer hair. You don't want to go over the top unless you are on stage playing in front of a crowd you are comfortable in front of.
Last edited by NickWood at Jul 30, 2009,
I wear jeans, t-shirts (some with bands, most not) or polos, a belt, and medium-length hair.

Who the fuck cares?
Philosophy > Life
Most people wouldn't think that I listen to metal when they look at me...

I have short hair, usually wear shorts (mostly plad), although I wear jeans on occasion. Most of the time I will be wearing a band tee, and I have regular black wal-mart shoes, that are covered in paint.

kvlt.
Unless your actually performing, say in a black metal band (and at your own event) you shouldn't be getting all dressed up to be "metal." A band shirt, a stud belt, and some other small accessories are acceptable. When a person dresses up in a full get up, then they are going into the realm of retarded.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
My fashion sense has nothing to do with metal music at all.

Long hair, band shirts and camo pants are not for me, personally.
Page 1 of 4