hi, ive been checking out Schecters lately because i find them VERY low priced for their features... aswell as other brands besides ibanez ( none come with OFR )

I already have a guitar with a copy, and i want no excuses for when i try to flutter and then i blame it on my guitar XD.

so far ive gotten:

-schecter blackjack atx fr
-schecter hellraiser fr

i either want a new guitar with passive duncans/blackouts/maybe emgs.... and an original floyd.

price range: CAN 900-1300$ new or used.

THANKYOU
Washburn / Boogiestreet guitars boogiebolt 2 w/ blackouts
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
squier bullet w/ebony board
ibanez weeping demon
Last edited by allskillage at Jul 31, 2009,
i should edit it.. im looking for guitars rather with or without. either or
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by MetalGuitarest
BlackJack c-1 FR

Blackjack ATX (Got seymour duncan blackouts)

thanks, ive never really heard blackouts IRL... are they as muddy/sterile/compressed as EMGs? i hope not..
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
with 1300 you can get a USED Ibanez Prestige
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I guess you could get the Classic if you want a hardtail. Other than that you should get....a used Loomis FR. Actually, forget everything else and get the Loomis.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
with 1300 you can get a USED Ibanez Prestige

is it really much of an upgrade? ibanez's tend to come with bad pickups... and edge tremlos turn me off. also

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Synyster-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518485

+1 for schecters looks =D
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by leftyace
I guess you could get the Classic if you want a hardtail. Other than that you should get....a used Loomis FR. Actually, forget everything else and get the Loomis.

neat, you have a c1 classic. isnt the loomis a 7 string? :\ im not ready for another string
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by allskillage
neat, you have a c1 classic. isnt the loomis a 7 string? :\ im not ready for another string

Mhm, its a 7. Great guitar too, but if you don't want a 7 string then I retract my statement. If you want to save some money on the Classic then look at the C-1 Artist, its pretty similar but a bit cheaper. IMO you can't go wrong with the Classic though. Very versatile and for the price there isn't much else that stands up in quality or features.

EDIT

you asked about SD Blackouts compared to EMG's. They tend to be cleaner and a tiny bit less sterile than the 81/85 combo. However, there is a new EMG called the 81x that is supposedly EMG's answer to the Blackouts. Haven't heard it myself though.

Last edited by leftyace at Jul 30, 2009,
Quote by allskillage
is it really much of an upgrade? ibanez's tend to come with bad pickups... and edge tremlos turn me off. also

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Synyster-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518485

Wut ? Edge tremolo's are by far the best tremolo unit's I`ve ever used in my entire life at least the Original Edge and the Lo-pro one, but Edge Pro should be about as good as Original floyd rose. About pickups, yes they suck, they are surely torelable, but I`d recommend to swap them out ASAP.
Quote by r4ster
Wut ? Edge tremolo's are by far the best tremolo unit's I`ve ever used in my entire life at least the Original Edge and the Lo-pro one, but Edge Pro should be about as good as Original floyd rose. About pickups, yes they suck, they are surely torelable, but I`d recommend to swap them out ASAP.

i am aware of the fact that edge trems are very highly respected, and a lot of people stand by their prestige's.

the few ibanez's i have played felt so wierd ( the super thin neck ), but they were low end so thats really an unvalued opinion.

ive felt schecters necks and like them a lot, along with their ability to play sweet and look good.

i'd love to see some examples that fit into the guidelines =D minus the original floyd part :P
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
the loomis(without floyd) is easily the best sounding guitar ive ever played and im not even a big nevermore fan. its a little hard to play especially if youre used to small necks but whatever in my opinion the sound matters most. and 7 strings arent hard to get used to. this guitar or maybe the hellraisers are your best bet
Quote by Stringz of Fury
the loomis(without floyd) is easily the best sounding guitar ive ever played and im not even a big nevermore fan. its a little hard to play especially if youre used to small necks but whatever in my opinion the sound matters most. and 7 strings arent hard to get used to. this guitar or maybe the hellraisers are your best bet

if sound mattered most to me, i'd be gettin a les paul studio.

... i absolutely am discusted with the EMG's i have tried, im afraid the 7 string version might be worse... and dont hellraisers only come with EMGS?

any opinions on the syn custom ? it looks really hot. will it be availiable in 2010? or is it only a 09 run?
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
i think a schecter cl classic would be best for you. it comes with seymour duncan jb/jazz set. it comes in 3 or 4 different colors, i personally like the green. its a very solid guitar, mahogony body, quilted maple top, neck through constrction with a sweet vyne inlay, and a tone pros bridge. its about 800 usd, not sure how much that is in canadian money but thats my pick
Schecter Blackjacks and the C-1 classics.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
So if I want duncans and a floyd I have to get the blackjack? Why does no one comment on the synyster custom?... looks good to me
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Sigs are overpriced IMO. I only like the Loomis because it actually looks like its good value.

Frig, do I honestly have to sell a nut to get an original floyd with some duncans?
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by allskillage

For that price you'll get a ZR, not an edge.

I am the best person to talk to about this, as I was thinking of buying a Blackjack ATX, but instead I went with an Ibanez S5470.

So here it is. I still play the Schecter while I'm at the store... And I'm not sure which one is better, even though the Ibby costs about $500 more.

Pros and Cons of each.

If you go for a used Ibby, go for a used S5470, one of the best guitars I've ever played.

By Schecter, I mean all of them, not one specific model.

Schecter Pros:
Relatively cheap for the quality.
Higher end comes stock with pretty nice pickups IMO
They look good...
Higher end come with an OFR.
OFR has a bigger range then ZR, but I don't know about the Edge.

Schecter Con's:
Some people don't like the neck, You have to try it. I love it.
I've also heard people say that the OFR's on Schecters are cheaper then other OFR's but I dont' know...
Also a con of the OFR is that you can't have the action to low, because then when you pull all the way back on the tremolo, the strings will hit the fretboard.

Ibby S5470 pros:
This guitar will probably be more versatile then the Schecter.
It's beautiful.
The ZR is a great tremolo. Because of the lack of knife-edges, the strings aren't pulled down to the fretboard (like an OFR), they're actually raised. This means you can have the action as low as you want it, and the strings won't cut out when you pull back real far on the tremolo.
The guitar is incredibly light...

Cons:
The Bridge and the neck pickups are pretty decent, but the middle single coil has an extremely low output, but maybe it's supposed to be like that.. I don't know.
Some people have talked of sustain issues due to the thinness of the guitar, but I haven't had problems.
The screws on mine corroded extremely fast, (in a matter of months...) But it could be that I live in an extremely humid area...
The neck is thinner then the Schecter's, but it is also wider, making it "harder" to play chords/bar chords etc.
The guitar is incredibly light...

The only reason I went with the Ibby is because I was able to get it at the same price of the Blackjack ATX. You should try out a bunch of Schecters, C-1 Classic may be the best for you.

But I would definitely recommend the S5470.

Try them both, see which one you like more.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
thanks man! I love that sig (sysnysters ) that NO ONE seems to be commenting on. I love schecters necks, but I like the idea of that ibanezs trem aswell. I'm gonna try the blackouts, if I don't like them I'll try some ibanez's and eventualy that sig. Is the general consensus that blackouts are a more natural sounding emg?
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Last edited by allskillage at Jul 31, 2009,
I've played them on a hellraiser, godin redline ( that was alright ) ... And a gothic sg. I was compareing them to a Gibson les Paul so it probably made them look worse then they are,,
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by allskillage
I've played them on a hellraiser, godin redline ( that was alright ) ... And a gothic sg. I was compareing them to a Gibson les Paul so it probably made them look worse then they are,,

I agree and Im torn between my EMG's and my Dimarzio's. I love the EMG's because of the tone I can get but bends and other more technical stuff on the passive's sound way better but I cannot dial in that deep sound I get out of the EMG's....
if i were to get the blackjack atx fr, would i have to leave it in basically one tuning?
Quote by allskillage
if sound mattered most to me, i'd be gettin a les paul studio.

... i absolutely am discusted with the EMG's i have tried, im afraid the 7 string version might be worse... and dont hellraisers only come with EMGS?

any opinions on the syn custom ? it looks really hot. will it be availiable in 2010? or is it only a 09 run?

Somehow 7strings tend to sound nice with EMGs!

I have the white Synyster Custom. PM me with your questions and I'll reply later on. Going for a small trip in a few minutes.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by allskillage
if i were to get the blackjack atx fr, would i have to leave it in basically one tuning?

you sorta have to do that with any locking trem. u can change it, but its a hassle. check some of the guitars at drumcityguitarland.com by schecter. they have some neat prototypes and limited run guitars from schecter. i got my c-1 fr from there and its a limited model with invaders , original floyd rose, and set neck. its pretty nice. if you dont want to be bothered with the hassle of a floyd rose, get the blackjack atx model with string-thru bridge. and the synyster custom is pretty cool looling, but SIGs tend to be priced more then they should be. good luck.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Quote by a7xsteve
you sorta have to do that with any locking trem. u can change it, but its a hassle. check some of the guitars at drumcityguitarland.com by schecter. they have some neat prototypes and limited run guitars from schecter. i got my c-1 fr from there and its a limited model with invaders , original floyd rose, and set neck. its pretty nice. if you dont want to be bothered with the hassle of a floyd rose, get the blackjack atx model with string-thru bridge. and the synyster custom is pretty cool looling, but SIGs tend to be priced more then they should be. good luck.

thanks. the only thing is, i thought i hated floyd roses so i ended up blocking my jacksons ( a copy ) . but now i wanna be one of those crazy fat guys with the braided hair whammying the bridge out of the guitar. :\
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
ok, since were talking about schecters.

has anyone played a Schecter Stargazer? it looks so sexy and with teh coil tap, it can be very versatile. although i hear the duncan designed pups are pretty crappy
I have designed in my old Jackson... It's worth the extra cash to get something better man
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Dude get the Blackjack ATX. I own it in the string-thru version. Check out its pics in my profile. It's an amazing guitar. Blackouts do sound more 'organic' than EMG's and give much better cleans as well.
About the Syn Custom, i haven't heard very good things about the Duncan Invaders in it. The guitar doesn't sound very heavy.
Quote by Aditya_ram
Dude get the Blackjack ATX. I own it in the string-thru version. Check out its pics in my profile. It's an amazing guitar. Blackouts do sound more 'organic' than EMG's and give much better cleans as well.
About the Syn Custom, i haven't heard very good things about the Duncan Invaders in it. The guitar doesn't sound very heavy.

Yeah... Synyster plays a lot of leads and never really "chugs". The atx fr is what I'm leaning towards . Schecter is the only company I've found that offers a real ofr on midrange guitars.. I can get one new here for like $900
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon
Also you can check out the BC Rich NJ Deluxe guitars like the NJ Deluxe Warbeast. They come with OFR's, Mahogany Neck-thru bodies and ebony fretboards as well. They use the EMG81/85 set though. I prefer the blackouts
I found a washburn v50pro or something like that , freaking sweet and comes with passive duncans ofr, all the good stuff. Now I got 2 really good choices =D
#10/50

Jackson DK2S
Randall RG100 G3 Plus
ibanez weeping demon