Last edited by NintendoFan123 at Jul 30, 2009,
Even though it wasn't one of those, a Squier Fat Strat might be decent due to the humbucker bridge pup and the two single coil neck/mid pups.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
Quote by RDX1138
Even though it wasn't one of those, a Squier Fat Strat might be decent due to the humbucker bridge pup and the two single coil neck/mid pups.

Yes. Swap out the pickups and you'll be set. You could do a Mexi-strat too if you wanted, but I'd definitely say go with a strat.
Cheap guitars are crapshoots. You may get a decent one or you'll get a dog.

Save up some more and get a better guitar.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
rondomusic.com look around on there and find something. they're cheap, but great. IMO. you could get an SX and mod it.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by Ghold125
Used Epiphone G-400

this is irrelevant im looking for a strat/tele a sg is a totally different guitar
Is this your first guitar? If it isn't then what is your current guitar? And the SX I used to own was pretty good the hardware was cheap and the electronics sucked.
3rd guitar i currently have a les paul copy with burstbuckers pro on it
i'm an intermediate player though
Last edited by NintendoFan123 at Aug 1, 2009,
Well if that's the case then I don't see how your Les Paul wouldn't be able to do your genre's with a bit of eq settings. So I would suggest saving up for something of a bit more quality then rather buy more cheap guitars that suck quality wise.