It finally arrived!!!
Two weeks ago I did this thread asking for advice and decided on the G254.
Cort G254 :
- Basswood body / Maple neck
- Rosewood fretboard (12” radius, Abalone inlays)
- HSS Mighty Mite pickups, Push/Pull coil split
- Wilkinson V50II Bridge
- Graphite nut
- Colour: Black Metallic
- Price €186 shipped ( $USD 262 / £158 )
About the same as a Squier Affinity here, but this just seems (and feels) like an overall better instrument. I'm amazed that people still suggest Squiers on all these $200 guitar threads. I kind of understand Gibson/Fender/PRS snobbery, but Squier/Epiphone snobbery...
Had a very good surprise when I opened the control cavity. It was covered with conductive paint and the lid was shielded with aluminum foil. I’m going to completely redo the electronics to install a Tone Expander and boost circuit. I’ll open a new thread for that on GB&C.
I took some pictures with flash, but they don’t do any justice to the beauty of the metallic paint
I’ll try to get some with natural sunlight tomorrow.

Last edited by DavePT at Jul 30, 2009,
Very nice looking! Congrats on receiving your new guitar. What'll you be playing with it?
Not a fan of the curvy body, but it looks like a very nice guitar for $200.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Even though I love that kind of paint (I painted my computer case with something like that when I was modding it around) I really dislike how it looks on that guitar... maybe it's just the camera flash Seems like a nice guitar overall though
Gear:
Yamaha Pacifica 112VCX - Vintage white w/ red tort pickguard
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Vox DA5 Classic
Valencia C-60 Classical
Man if it had a better color and a chunkier neck I would be all over saying HNGD.
Quote by The Red Comet
Very nice looking! Congrats on receiving your new guitar. What'll you be playing with it?

I don't have an amp. I sold a Cube 15 I had a few years ago. I'm going to install an Artec TBX circuit to boost the signal to input levels and use a freeware software amp on my PC. If I don't give up on guitar till Christmas I'll get some better amp then.

Quote by Boiller
Even though I love that kind of paint (I painted my computer case with something like that when I was modding it around) I really dislike how it looks on that guitar... maybe it's just the camera flash Seems like a nice guitar overall though

Your right! The colour is absolutely fantastic in real life, but in photos it always turns out bad. It's either too sparkly under flash/sunlight or dull if not lit up enough. Pictures can´t capture that subtle sparkle in mid-light situations. I took some more pictures without flash and under direct sunlight:

Quote by azn_guitarist25
Very nice Cort, how do you like the Wilkinson tremolo? HNGD

It seems really well made. It's much softer than the vintage 6 screw version I used to have, it came with only 2 strings mounted and 1 extra. The pop-in arm system is great!

I'm really liking the guitar so far. Feels very solid and well made. Although I must say that it wasn't nearly setup correctly. I'll have to setup it up after I take care of the electronics.

Thanks for the comments
HNGD!! Very nice. But you might want to get a good set-up that action looks to be way to high. For me at least it is.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.