Which of the two seems like it would be a better guitar? I played a Les Paul the other day and realized I like it better than my SG, and I want a goldtop or ebony one with a pickup swap.

1. Epiphone Les Paul Standard (w/ Seymour Duncan SH-1's)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top?sku=517413

2. Agile Al-2000 Gold Hum (once again, w/ Seymour Duncan SH-1's)
http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000goldhum.html

I like both of them, but I don't know which one is "better." I will put SD's in each of them, so pickups aren't a concern. It is the quality I am concerned about.

I played the Epiphone in person (it was what made me realize I like Les Paul's better,) and I liked it. The Agile is cheaper, but I can't play one in person.

According to you guys, which one would have an overall better quality?
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Well the Agile is made in Korea, and if i'm not mistaken now all Epiphones are made in China.

In general, you could assume that a Korean-made guitar will be higher quality than a Chinese-made guitar, but there are always exceptions.

I'd go for the Agile. If it doesn't suit your fancy, there is a pretty good return policy on them and Kurt is a cool guy.
my vote is the epi
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by Pac_man0123
Well the Agile is made in Korea, and if i'm not mistaken now all Epiphones are made in China.

In general, you could assume that a Korean-made guitar will be higher quality than a Chinese-made guitar, but there are always exceptions.

I'd go for the Agile. If it doesn't suit your fancy, there is a pretty good return policy on them and Kurt is a cool guy.

Keep in mind Epiphone's operations in China aren't really comparable to most countries Chinese made imports. Epiphone owns and supervises their Chinese factories, a lot of Chinese made guitars are made by factories who make models for several companies and end up with less strict QC.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I'd get the Epi. I don't really like the look of Agiles.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
The agile is a much better value because its value comes from the quality of the guitar and its playability unlike the epiphone where much of the value is derived from the fact that epi is owned by gibson and people will pay extra money just for the gibson brand name.
I love Epis but I think you would be better off with the Agile although I am not a Gold Top fan it will save you a lot of dough over the Epi. If you don't mind spending a little more on an Agile I would get one of these instead.

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3100tribalgreen.html

From what I understand some Epis are still made in Korea but Gibson does own the Epi plant in China and supervises it closely no other guitars are made in Epis China plant just Epis.

John
Now that I think of it, I will go Agile when it comes to Les Pauls. They seem just as good as Epiphones.

All I have to decide now is to get black or gold. I will probably just go to Guitar Center and check out both a black Epiphone Les Paul and the Epiphone Slash LP (it is a goldtop,) and just see which color "feels better."
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by tmfiore
Now that I think of it, I will go Agile when it comes to Les Pauls. They seem just as good as Epiphones.

All I have to decide now is to get black or gold. I will probably just go to Guitar Center and check out both a black Epiphone Les Paul and the Epiphone Slash LP (it is a goldtop,) and just see which color "feels better."

Good choice.