well, I put a new set of strings on my Jackson RR3, and the bass strings buzz badly if I fret above the 12th fret. not so much buzzing, it also has a nasty overtone that I really don't need. if help can be given before tomorrow, then please, because I have an audition, and I don't want to sound like ****.
I tried adjusting the bridge, it worked for a second. I think the strings are a bit slack, but I don't know how to fix that.

I know, tune them up, but they're already in tune (I tune to Eb, in case you're wondering)
Last edited by AvengedFoghat at Jul 30, 2009,
If your strings feel a bit slack, straighten the truss rod. That's what I did whith my Dinky when that happened.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Quote by Zero_Mike
If your strings feel a bit slack, straighten the truss rod. That's what I did whith my Dinky when that happened.

The truss rod is used to straighten the neck, not tighten the strings.
Lighter strings are more slinky. Try going up a gauge.
E.g. 9's are going to be more "slack" than 10's.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by AvengedFoghat
ok thanks, I will try to straighten the truss rod.

No more then a quarter turn at a time! Remeber buddy, easy does it.

EDIT: To the guy above me: I know that, however, in my case I had taken all the strings off for a cleaning, then put a set of 10s on (I had also been using 10s before). Once I strung it up, the strings felt looser and a bit floppier. Tightening the truss rod made the guitar feel normal again.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Last edited by Zero_Mike at Jul 30, 2009,
measure the neck's relief first.

the how to is in the green link in my sig.

see if a credit card fits then post back.

also make sure your bridge is balanced. not ass end in the air.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011