hello i am just learning the guitar i have got an acoustic guitar i bought it brand new (a cheap one) its tuned in and when i play any note on the first fret of any 6 off the strings i get a buzzing noise i was wondering would any off you guitar experts would know if its my fault or the guitars fault or i need new strings....... please help thanks alot
The action on the acoustic may be too low. you might have to have it adjusted.
well, if its just buzz and no note coming, out, than blitzkrieg could be right.... tune the strings.

if there's a slight buzz, it means you most likely bought a beginner's acoustic and there's fret buzz. go get it set up. if there's still buzz, now you know why we all don't buy cheaper guitars

hope this helped.
Erika(Interviewer): If not music then what?

Mikael Akerfeldt: Errr…death. [Serious but laughs]
If your brand new to the guitar your finger may not be strong enough yet to get clear notes from those top frets. This sounds like somthing simple, so they best thing you can do if have somebody experienced look at your guitar and tell you if its good to play or not.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
click the green link in my sig.
read the neck relief part in first post.

measure the neck angle, post in there with questions.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
did you post in the thread?

if you can't fit a credit card in the middle relief, you'll have to turn the truss rod 1/4 turn counter clockwise.
don't force the turn and leave the guitar in tune while it settles tonight.

any more questions and you can post in the thread.

also, keep in mind, as you play more, you'll fret the strings a little cleaner and wont get so much buzz.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jul 30, 2009,