Page 1 of 2
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/SG-Zoot-Suit.aspx

rofl. I think the idea is cool, but it looks dumb. Never knew birch can be a guitar tone wood. I thought birch was for cabs, not guitars.

Well. Express your opinions.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I think it looks pretty awesome myself. Don't have $2000 to spend but if I did, I might consider buying it. The black and white combo actually looks really good.
I was just about to make this thread.... It was in an email from Gibson
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
That look sick, man.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by JayT44
I was just about to make this thread.... It was in an email from Gibson

haha yeah. I just got it, thought it was really interesting, so I posted it.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Wow A plywood Gibson SG! I bet you guys never saw that coming. I am pretty sure they made these a while ago but they didn't go over big.

John
The website won't work for me ... Can someone pretty please post a pic?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
it actually looks edible... like a wonka everlasting gobstopper
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I don't know how it would sound, but it certainly looks great.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I think if you were to see one in person you'd be disappointed. The way its made makes the wood look uneven IMO. $2000? no thank you. Gibson please realize the economy is tough and people are looking for bang for their buck, not to waste their bucks.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Oh k those things, Someone posted a pic i another thread a couple of weeks ago with some different color schemes that looked better then that.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
They make several different color combination but the thing that gets me is it's PLYWOOD! Now I always read here and in other forums how Plywood is for cheap a** guitars. Now that Gibson is doing a plywood guitar it's OK. ????

John
Personally I like the look of it, and I've never heard a birch guitar before, so I'm going to approach it with an open mind and wait for one to get stocked here to judge it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by johnro6659

I like the second one and the last one.

The first looks like a lollipop.

The third one looks like something Peter Parker would play.

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
I kinda like. But i think you need to approach it open minded like necrosis said. And for the guys raging on gibson for the price, thats msrp. Most shops dont sell for msrp. The SG standard has a higher msrp than that. So it shouldnt be to bad.
Quote by biga29

Its weird...

That's exactly what I was thinking.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
i posted this like last month
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
I really like the looks but I just cant see the price for a guitar that is in all actuality basically plywood. Quality>Looks any day.
I actually bought a Birch Plywood custom made guitar from the guy who used to build guitars at EU Wurlitzer here in Boston. He told me because of the odd shape it had to be plywood and the strongest most stable plywood was birch. The guitar is in my pics it's shaped like the company logo EUCO with the W as the head stock it was made to be an actual working guitar and an advertising sign. I still don't know if I would buy a Gibson SG made of Plywood I will have to try one out whenever the hit the shops.

Ever since I seen this I knew it reminded me of something! The inside of a Jawbreaker.

I think the SG Jawbreaker would be better name than the Zoot Suit.
Mmmmmm Jawbreaker...And i'm not a big fan of that monstrosity at all it looks really really tacky but I can see how some people would like it.
Ladies and gentlemen of the press, Gibson Guitar Corporation would like to introduce it's newest rip off: A $2000 plywood SG!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Aug 4, 2009,
That is sick. The rainbow or Spiderman Pattern are so awesome. I could also go for the red/ black. I want one so bad.
all of those are pretty dope, i really dig those finishes
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
90% chance i would buy it if it wasn't so expensive or so goddamn gay looking either
Quote by biga29

Oh yeah, huh? Then the red/black one would be for his nemesis Carthage! Can the black one be for Batman? =) What about Superman for the red/blue finish?

To be honest, I thought this was about a clothing product when I saw the title. After I read the responses, I too am surprised. Had no idea it was made of birch, but the red/black is appealing to me--not so much as the P-90 Classic, however. But for some reason it feels, er, "rough", like a well polished rocking chair or something.
Quote by johnro6659
Wow A plywood Gibson SG! I bet you guys never saw that coming.
Technically speaking, all standard Les Pauls are plywood. The term really doesn't mean what so many people think it means.

I saw a couple of people mention 'tonewood' too - that term doesn't apply to solid body electric guitars, so there you go.

Anyway, this is actually a bit old, they announced it a fair few months ago.

It's alright. A carved top SG isn't a brand new idea and neither is a brightly-coloured trippy-hippie SG.

It should actually be a dream to play on - better body/neck balance than a normal SG, should have more sustain and better clarity too.
Though I think Vintage's recreation of The Fool SG is probably a smarter buy if you just want that kind of look.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I reckon that looks amazing! I want one!

EDIT: Birch ply neck?

NOT COOL GIBSON. NOT COOL.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Last edited by Inspired_by_Vai at Jul 31, 2009,
"It's a real toe tapper daddy-o?"

What the balls?

Regardless... Those are sexy.
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
haha the one in the link looks like candy
the pickups look ****ing awesome.
but i still wouldnt get it, well maybe.
Quote by tukk04

almost forgot...
thats for you TS/n00b

Quote by timeconsumer09
No, just disregard all the posts in this thread that say that the tone is noticeably worse when it's dying...

i should have read the thread
Page 1 of 2