Poll: What do you choose?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you choose?
Stick with person A
22 21%
Leave person A
43 41%
I choose you metaldud for a kick-ass thread! YEAAA!
39 38%
Voters: 104.
Page 1 of 2
On day while at work or sitting at the toilet, an idea came to me!

So this next question is for everyone, single or not single.

Imagine (or don't imagine if you're already seeing someone) that you are currently dating "Person A." You love many things about Person A (that's why you're with them in the first place). You are happy.

But one day, something is revealed to you. Whether it be through a dream, a vision, revelation, or a drug-induced hallucination, or someone from the future, you are told that you will meet Person B real soon and not only will this person have better traits that you seek, but this person will also make you happier in all kinds of ways: emotionally, financially, etc, until death.

Now this revelation is for a fact. It is not something that may happen. It WILL happen. It is revealed to you that it will be guaranteed!

So pit, do you leave person A for B, or will you stick with person A?

(Note: if you're a polygamist, this thread is not for you.)
Last edited by metaldud536 at Jul 30, 2009,
Stick with person A, for the fact that it would hurt Person A if you left for Person B, where as Person B would be unaffected if you stayed with Person A.

EDIT: I choose you metaldud for a kick-ass thread! YEAAA!
Last edited by coryklok at Jul 30, 2009,
what if person B doesn't want me? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!!!???
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Hmm... seems the thread has been taken over by a swimming pool filled with sperm.

Quote by iantheman
Whenever I run out of tissues, I get worried that I'll be caught hopping through the hallway with my pants around my knees, a dying erection, and a fist full of semen.
Quote by metaldud536

Imagine (or don't imagine if you're already seeing someone) that you are currently dating "Person A." You love many things about Person A (that's why you're with them in the first place). You are happy.

But one day, something is revealed to you. Whether it be through a dream, a vision, revelation, or a drug-induced hallucination, or someone from the future, you are told that you will meet Person B real soon and not only will this person have better traits that you seek, but this person will also make you happier in all kinds of ways: emotionally, financially, etc, until death.

Now this revelation is for a fact. It is not something that may happen. It WILL happen.

this should be at the top

*leaves thread*
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I saw basically the same situation in a movie once....
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
if person B is that good they would wait for me until such a time as person A and i broke up...
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
There's always going to be someone better though...

Sometimes it's better to stay with who you have
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
Quote by coryklok
Stick with person A, for the fact that it would hurt Person A if you left for Person B, where as Person B would be unaffected if you stayed with Person A.

EDIT: I choose you metaldud for a kick-ass thread! YEAAA!

Quote by doive
if person B is that good they would wait for me until such a time as person A and i broke up...

Interesting, very interesting. See? Now I'm getting all kinds of interesting answers. This is what it's like when the forum uses it's head.
I would have to convince myself to stop eating magic mushrooms if this was ever to happen.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by metaldud536
Interesting, very interesting. See? Now I'm getting all kinds of interesting answers. This is what it's like when the forum uses it's head.

cheat on person a with person b.

/thread
Quote by Bleurgh
Almost the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't die .

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

pack your bags, move to the city.
Quote by kidsilcon
I would have to convince myself to stop eating magic mushrooms if this was ever to happen.

Yes!
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Person B, definately. She is an upgrade to Person A.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by DarkChilli
what if person B doesn't want me? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!!!???

Isn't the answer simple? Fake your death and run away with Person B. Now Person A doesn't have to suffer the pain of being dumped, just the pain of you dieing very unexpectedly.

Wait a minute...
Obviously B. It's like choosing between a 2 piece or a 4 piece toaster, and the 4 piece never burns your toast.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
I would have to stay with person A because it just wouldnt sit well with my conscious if I left someone for someone "better." Ironically, I just remembered my current relationship I left my girlfriend of over a year for someone that moved 5 states away lol.
One day my friend came out the bathroom at work:
-"Hey man, how long was I in there for?"
-"I don't know, like 15 minutes"
-"Sweet! I got paid 3$ to take a sh*t!"

True story.
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
That's not even a hypothetical, you just told us that Person B is our fate. Sure, I'd go with the person who I like more and that makes me happier, what kind of question is that? But I wouldn't break up with A until after I met B, or I'd be throwing something good away over a drug trip...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I'm gonna go ahead and say that i'd murder them both and make person C appear out of nowhere. Although then there might be a person D or maybe a person R or if we go alphanumeric i might find Person 17b.34.CX.79800.A

On second thought maybe suicide is the best answer
OI!

-Yes I drew that tomato
-Yes it's a rapist
Quote by break-me-in
That's not even a hypothetical, you just told us that Person B is our fate. Sure, I'd go with the person who I like more and that makes me happier, what kind of question is that? But I wouldn't break up with A until after I met B, or I'd be throwing something good away over a drug trip...

I thought the hypothetical situation would be being revealed to you about a person you will soon meet.
Quote by Pud
Isn't the answer simple? Fake your death and run away with Person B. Now Person A doesn't have to suffer the pain of being dumped, just the pain of you dieing very unexpectedly.

Wait a minute...

This.

Wait a minute... =/
I'll just let life run its course.

If I have to dump person A in the future, I'll just stay with her as long as I can until life dictates otherwise, then I will meet person B and live a happy life from there.

Hopefully I can still be friends with person A.

Also, Metaldud FTW!!!
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
I'd make the transition to Person B, breaking it very slowly to Person A that a time-altering paradox will destroy the universe if we don't split.
I choose you metaldud for a kick-ass thread! YEAAA!

I mean... I choose person B. After person B has showed up in my life and after I gently dumped person A.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by metaldud536

Now this revelation is for a fact. It is not something that may happen. It WILL happen. It is revealed to you that it will be guaranteed!

I would kill myself right after this revelation. Hoping that I will become a ZOMBIE.
It's just like meeting someone you like a lot more than the person you are with...the reason for a crapload of breakups. Silly question eh?
since I am merely dating Person A, I'll go for B.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Page 1 of 2