when you're fingerpicking and doing stuff with the thumb, where do you put your other fingers? i tend to rest them on the top 3 strings but when i do that it mutes them and doesn't let notes i played on them ring out
youre supposed incorporate all your fingers into the song, if not, dont rest them on other strings
i usually rest them on the bridge
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
I use them for muting when they're not picking anything.

EDIT: I need to mute a lot when fingerpicking, I have no fingernails, so I get quite a bit of excess noise.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Last edited by Ninjake at Jul 30, 2009,
It really depends, there are so many variables that I can't give a single place that I rest a finger at any given time... that's a really broad question!
yeah haha this was a pretty stupid question; i shouldn't have posted this in the first place. i'm just going to practice with my hand not resting on anything; it's a bit harder but it's how it should be. thanks for the help though guys!
Yeah i was about to say, anchoring your hand is bad technique =) don't start a bad habit. It's too late for me!!!!!! Go on without me, save yourselves!
"yeah haha this was a pretty stupid question"

Not at all, it's a great question! I was just saying that it isn't specific enough!