Page 1 of 2
I wanted to see how many people here on UG do play it.

So how many people play, how good are you, what games do you have, what system do you have, how do you feel bout the explosion of this game

ME
Guitar:Expert
Bass: Expert
Drums: Hard
Vocals: Hard
Games: GHIII, GH Metallica, GH Wourd Tour
System: Wii
Feelings: I think it inspires alot of kids to pick up a real guitar and thats a great thing, though 5 games in one year is a bit much
I can play almost every song on guitar hero and rockband on expert...

I'm ashamed...

Feelings: I think it inspires alot of kids to pick up a real guitar and thats a great thing, though 5 games in one year is a bit much

Yea, it's why I play guitar now.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Jul 30, 2009,
i used to. now i play a real guitar, way better.
I'm not gay, a lot of people think I'm gay. I have a girlfriend, she thinks I'm gay.
Quote by thelurker

I'm medium on guitar hero at best, I haven't played since I lost the wireless reciever.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
I play on Expert and get made fun of for how good I am. Then I play my real guitar and get made fun of for how good I am. Apparently people don't like it when I'm good at stuff.
get out...

now...

seriously!
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
Quote by Newse

what do you mean better? cuz it sure is harder
Quote by phlip999
I play on Expert and get made fun of for how good I am. Then I play my real guitar and get made fun of for how good I am. Apparently people don't like it when I'm good at stuff.

Dude!!!! That happens to me, im the best out of all my roomates, and the only one who play the guitar
I played guitar hero and rock band before i started playing guitar. But it wasn't the reason i started. My bro was the reason and now that i play real instruments i can't stand rock band/gh. It sickens me now i just don't know why
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"
Quote by Rain_In_Blood
I played guitar hero and rock band before i started playing guitar. But it wasn't the reason i started. My bro was the reason and now that i play real instruments i can't stand rock band/gh. It sickens me now i just don't know why

The only time the game bugs me is when im not playing, cuz i cant really watch slower difficulties, it messes up my memories since i made the choice to never play anything but expert on the guitar/bass, and the click,click,click,dot,dot,dot, its almost like listening to morse code
my brother's currently ranked in the top 20 in the world on drums.:/
He has over 600 bucks worth of mods just for the drums.
I played guitar for like a year before i'd even even heard of the game.
Last edited by stratkat at Jul 30, 2009,
Quote by Newse

I couldn't even state this any better myself. But unlike most people, I didn't want to play guitar BECAUSE of the games. I hate it when people say "Good thing Guitar Hero/Rock Band got you interested in music, Eh?" NO. I started playing guitar because my dad has pretty much bred me to love music, and I do. And I couldn't love it any more unless I started express myself through my own music.

/expressing anger.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
It's been a great while since I played, but I can do about Expert-ish with most songs on Guitar/Bass. I can't even remember what I could do with vocals, and I never got past the last few tiers on Hard due to my drunken friend breaking the drumset.

I have GH2, GH3, GH:A and GH:WT on xBox 360.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

I can play expert on most songs and I only have Rock Band 1/2 and Guitar Hero 3.
Expert Drums, Guitar, Bass, and easy vocals.
Quote by Rain_In_Blood

This only replace "bro" with "cousin". Although I had my guitar longer than before I even heard about the games, but I didn't actually try and learn to play until just a little after I started playing the games.

EDIT: I play expert drums, guitar, and bass and play easy vocals.
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Jul 30, 2009,
I don't own the game. I only play it if I'm at a friends house and they have it and want to play. It's a fun game. Not too great at it. I usually play on medium.
i use to play all the time, therefore i can still play on expert when we goof around at friends houses or whatever, but i dont like rush to my house to play gh, actually i've played it maybe 2 times this year at my house...
Im ashamed to say it but that's kinda what got me into GOOD music, and that music got me into guitar.
I like to think I play expert everything but some drum songs are much too hard, and vocals is like a hit or miss thing for me depending on the song.
i played it.

then i played real guitar.

/novel
Quote by Bleurgh
Almost the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't die .

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

pack your bags, move to the city.
I don't have it but I'm planning to buy The Beatles RB version.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Nah, I've better things to do then play with a little plastic guitar...

Like playing Megaman X.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Guitar: Expert
Bass: Expert
Drums: Hard
Vox: Expert
lolnerd

EDIT: I actually started playing real guitar before GH ever even came out, but GH got me into good music
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
Last edited by ironmaiden_98 at Jul 30, 2009,
dude if you thiink about,... the hours you play guitar hero could have been the hours you practice real guitar and become that much better!
I play rock band unplugged, I guess that counts.
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
yes
i play both rock band and guitar hero. mostly the guitar.
guitar/bass expert
drums/vocals hard
5* everything on all games for the guitar except jordan and ttfaf(not including DlC)
i own(owned):XBox:,gh2,gh3,gh4, gh:metallica, rb 2
Ps2:gh1,gh4,rb1

i justify this madness by being the best real guitar player i actualy know
Last edited by jbswreckfest at Jul 30, 2009,
Depends if im high or not. If im baked

Guitar Expert
Drums Expert
Vocals Easy

If im not
Guitar Expert
Drums Hard
Vocals Expert

Own all of em cept metallica and greatest hits for Xbox 360
~Defiant~
I own gh2,gh3,rb1,rb2. I play guitar, bass and rock band drums expert. I haven't tried guitar hero drums.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by joshua122593
Expert on rockband unplugged.

although, it is easier compared to the instrumented games
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
Instruments/Difficulty
Guitar: Hard
Bass: Expert (really is bass really that hard?)
Drums: Medium (occasionally Hard)
Vocals: Easy/Medium

Games
Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero II
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Guitar Hero World Tour
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Rock Band
Rock Band 2

Systems
xBox 360
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Nintendo Wii

Locations of where I play
Friends' houses
Wal-Mart
Best Buy
EB Games

Yeah, I started out with Frets on Fire...I don't own any systems nor do I own any of the games.
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Yes I do, and I find the bashing of it quite annoying, it's a game, it's not meant to be anywhere near a guitar, simply a simulation like ANY other game, and it generally has great songs

second note, I much prefer Rock Band, most songs are better, especially DLC, and the vocal part of GH is just...broken.

The only thing that annoys me is when people accuse me of knowing songs or artists just because of GH and RB, I proudly knew every song and every artist on every game, including the bonus tracks
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson