So I took my 412MS Speaker Cab apart, and examined it, and that's when I noticed that the front-loaded speakers are only secured by 4 screws each. I also noticed that, even though there were only four screws in each speaker, there were EIGHT holes for screws to go into. So at this point I remembered a Guitar World article about the degree to which your speakers are secured in the cabinet affecting the tone. So I put the speakers back in and decided I'd grab some screws the next day.

The next night I came home, and with my drill and a few screws, I put two extra screws in each speaker rim, totalling 6 screws each, securing each speaker to the cabinet. Mind you, there were no holes in the actual cabinet itself for these extra screws, so I used self-tapping screws.

I took it directly into my practice space and plugged it back in. I cranked my 6505 up to about 3 and played for awhile. I was surprised to hear that it was noticeably tighter in tone than it had been. Success!!

This is a cheap cabinet, and many people tend to complain that it sounds farty or loose. Just stick a few extra screws in the speakers, or tighten the existing ones, and see if that helps!! It did for me.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Last edited by ConfederateAxe at Jul 30, 2009,
Thanks...my guitarist has a 412MS slant cab... I will be sure to a least have him consider the idea...he's really stubborn.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5