I was just wondering what kind of feeling or emotions that you are trying to achieve when use guys use different guitar techniques, like Palm muting, sweeping, natural harmonics and pinch harmonics.

Actually a friend asked me this but I just can't put why i do those techniques into words.
feelings? it just sounds good.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Is just your emotions you not have to know why exactly just do what do you feel that have to be done
VENEZUELA

Gear:
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson RR3
Guitarra Acustica Vicente Tatay 1969
Line 6 SpiderIII 75
Digitech MetalMaster
Digitech Blues
Dunlop WahWah Dimebag pedal
Some generic Johnson bass and amp
Zoom 101 Multi effects
You can't say what you're trying to convey by the technique, you just let the technique convey the emotion you're trying to show. Though, I find the phrasing you choose to use, note choices, keys, time signatures/rhythms convey the emotion more than technique.
I rarely consciously play to convey emotion. I usually do what sounds good with the music. I don't think 'how do i want my playing to emotionally come across to the listener' i just think 'ooh sweep picking would sound awesome there' and do it.
Quote by ChadHydro
Think of it like a language. You could speak in the simplest terms possible and get the point across but it would be dull and unattractive. There is beauty in eloquence. Such is with guitar. These different techniques add flavor and flourish.

This, and it was worded quite wonderfully, I must say!
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
It's nothing to do with feelings or emotions, I choose techniques based on the sound I want.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Guitar isn't about emotion...its about shredding peoples faces off!!! Ok, j/p

I think ChadHydro explained it better than I could.