Earlier today my cousin gave me t-shirt that he apparently would never wear. The only problem with this is he wears an extra large and I wear a medium. The shirt is absolutely awesome and it fits well except the sleeves which go down past my elbows so I figured "What the hell, I'll just try to shorten the sleeves." So here I am trying to figure out how I should sew the sleeves to make them shorter but I don't have a sewing machine. Thanks in advance. (Yes I tried google)
Make a simple hem?

If they're really long, just cut most off, and leave a little bit left to make a nice looking hem.

In reality, I use zip ties, leather patches, and a knife.

You know what to do, gangsta.

EDIT: Oh shit. I didn't see it was you man. You should still go gangsta, like Grant Patterson or Ryan Gallant.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Fold in the ends of the sleeves inside the sleeves themselves to the length you want, and sew straight across about an a 1/4 inch from the ends. That's what makes sense to me to do anyways...
Quote by guitar-guy01
do what this guy says, he is wise
just put it in the wash on hot then put it in the dryer and it should shrink a bit.
i'm working on this same thing at the moment...
Quote by Grindar
Make a simple hem?

If they're really long, just cut most off, and leave a little bit left to make a nice looking hem.

In reality, I use zip ties, leather patches, and a knife.

That's the problem I have no idea how to hem... I'll see if my grandma can do it if I fail to hard
Quote by darkstar2466
*gangsta*

EDIT: Oh shit. I didn't see it was you man. You should still go gangsta, like Grant Patterson or Ryan Gallant.

It's cool dude, it made me lol
Last edited by jeremessmore at Jul 30, 2009,
Quote by Le_Bunny
Otherwise you could just roll them up, and/or fasten them up with safety pins... for a grunge look.

Safety pins is more of a punk look, I may be wrong, but I've never seen grunge people wear safety pins.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
i say just tear the damn sleeves off
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by jeremessmore
The shirt is the same band as in my avatar... not even close to either genre

To anyone that hasn't heard of the The Black Dahlia Murder, that just looks like a random, pixellated mess They could be any old genre for all the majority of people here know.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Screw sewing.

Get jacked or get fat.

The only manly way to make the shirt fit.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.