Ok, so I've been looking through some amps, but I still have my doubts on which one I should get. I play mainly rock, some metal, I range from the Mars Volta to Avenged Sevenfold to Dream Theater (I try).

I play with an Ibanez Prestige Rg2550z, which has a passive HSH pickup setup, and for my effects I use a Boss GT-10. I'm not sure whether I should get a solid state or a valve amp, and I need whatever I get to work well with the gt10. I was looking at the Peavey Valveking 112, but I have my doubts about it. How much of a hassle is it having a valve amp?

Anything under 500 dollars works, thanks in advance.
Peavy Tube Vypers are in that range. I would get tubes, if I had to do it again. I like my SS, and am satisfied with my tone, right now. Take that 500 and see if a pan shop has an old peavy mace or something. For 500 you can get a good look at some tubes at craigslist, or even ebay.

Valve amp....worth it. Im starting to see the light myself.

The perinial UG favs are the following

VOX AC30 and the 15
VOX Night Train
Peavy Vyper Tube 60, 5150's and 6505's
Marshall JCM's
Orange anything.....
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Hmm, I'm gonna have to say something along the lines of a Classic 30, Crate V33. Good cleans and drive and with boost it'll do a7x.
I'm guessing tube vyprys are okay for band practice right? And do modeling amps like that one work well with multi-effects pedals?

And I can't find a lot of info on crate amps, especially the one that was mentioned, I'll keep looking.