Hey guys I just recently acquired a bogner alchemist 1x12 combo for 900 dollars off ebay. It's in great condition and I've found that it is extremely versatile. However I would like to get a tighter and more focused distortion sound. Something with more grit. Any recommendations for a good overdrive pedal?
Willing to pay up to $150. Thanks
maybe try a distortion pedal on low gain settings instead of an od? and od will give it a more vintage tone.
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by weetadsftw
maybe try a distortion pedal on low gain settings instead of an od? and od will give it a more vintage tone.

Actually using and OD with another OD to tighten up a gain channel results in a rather modern tone.

I recommend an OCD

EDIT: I also love the fall of troy
OCD!
I got mine for $143 from Humbucker Music last week
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
One of the best things to change out are the pre amp tubes in V1 it has a Ehx 12ax7 and V5 the Phase Inverter is the biggest source of the mushy bottom end it has a EHX 12ax7b which is a mid gain 12ax7 . I put in Tung-sol 12ax7's and it really tighten's and brighten's. My OCD sound great but so does my Keeley SD-1. BUT Using the OCD on the clean channel boosted by the SD-1 is magic! while your swapping out 12ax7's the Ruby in V4 Effects Loop Isn't that great either.
Quote by weetadsftw

Wow....just.....no....

I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.