Ok I know I've made some other threads in this forum, but still haven't found my dream tone.
A dude offered a mesa single rectifier for 1000 bucks, it got two 6l6, AND 5 2ax7, the weird part is that 4 of that valves are mesa valves, and it got a helectroarmonix valve, is this a bad thing?

Also, is the amp good playing these stuff?
-80's metal (metallica, megadeth, etc)
-progressive (dream theater)
-shred(steve vai, maybe van halen)
-some newer metal like nu metal or power?
-some death metal from time to time.

Lastly, how good is this compared to its bigger brothers?

Thanks
Mixed companies aren't bad at all (if anything, the Mesa tubes are of poorer quality, with some exception). As long as the power tubes are matched, it doesn't matter if you have 5 different brands of tubes in the preamp.

It will fit Metallica and Dream Theater like a glove, especially if you EQ it right. Might be too scooped for Steve Vai or Van Halen though. Otherwise, you can play anything from blues to death metal with it, as long as you EQ right and make the voicing fit the genre.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jul 30, 2009,
Basically every rectifier model MESA has ever made has had a ridiculous amount of gain.

On a side note, get your genres straight.
Metallica and Megadeth are Thrash/Speed metal.
Dream Theater is Progressive Metal.
Vai is shred/instrumental rock, but VH is the original '80s rock band.
Power metal is not new, it's just as old as Thrash. Nu metal is not metal.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
1000 is still a bit much for a used single rectifier.

is this usd tho?
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
a grand is too much for a used single recto. it's a decent amp, but it probably won't be as gainy as you'd like. i'd suggest checking into some used dual rectos. and the tube problem would be fine.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
The price is a little high. The going rate is around $750.00 to 900.00. Here is a page with all postings for a single in the U.S

As far as the valves go that is fine as long as it's the preamp valves. TBH I don't like Mesa valves at all they are just relabeled (insert cheap tube company) And as far as the bigger brothers They are not quite as aggressive or meaty sounding as a Dual or Triple but they definitely do the job. And there is no reason why it shouldn't achieve all of those generas you have listed TBH.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
yes, its used, I tought it was a nive price tag
Ill tell him to lower it a bit more
Quote by Zaio
yes, its used, I tought it was a nive price tag
Ill tell him to lower it a bit more

i meant united states Dollars?

and generally here in the US they go for alot cheaper. I picked one up 4 weeks ago for 500 bucks. i see many go from 700-900
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I actually live in mexico so stuff here is usually around 15% more expensive bc of taxes I guess.
well in that case 1000 is a good deal. i say go for it. it'll do all of that stuff pretty well, except maybe steve vai and van halen
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.