So I'm starting to record my first songs now that I actually like them. I gave it a try and the recording sounded like this through a usb mic. What can I do to improve this and how much money would it cost me? Also I want to record bass and drums. Not only vocals and guitar.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
You need to mic the amp, I don't know if the USB mic will work (probably not)...

To record bass you a have a couple of options...

The best way is to run an XLR out of the bass amp, into some kind of sound board, hooked into whatever you are using to record.

The second option would be to play the bass line on a keyboard, It would be easier, but sound bad.

To really nicely record drums, you need multiple mics(overheads, kick mic, snare mic etc...) But there is a way to semi-successfully mic drums with only one mic, my brother did it somehow..

You can also record drums with a keyboard if a set isn't available.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
to record bass or guitar you can use audacity and a digitech rp250 if your computer has a microphone input (which should be on the back near the speaker output on the sound board) you can use a 1.5mm audio cord
______gear_________
schecter diamond series c-7
dean xm vendetta
digitech rp250
peavey audition

Hail My Dark Lord and Master
Could I record with line 6's POD GX studio and audacity? Would that let me record vocals? Or should I invest in a recording mic instead? And if so what mic? And how much would it cost me?
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
haha... I use for recordings the microphone of the recorder of my little sister. I soldered a jack plug on this and it works very very very good
I put the mic in front of my amp.
so that's all it sounds finde to me