I asked on another website what it could be, but I can't remember what they came up with. Anyway, can you guys determine what acoustic guitar this is? My grandma got for around $300 in the 70s sometime:

For the record, it still has stock strings

I don't have it with me, so I can't take any more pictures right now. Thanks in advance!
I spy your foot.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Laces Out Danny
I spy your foot.

Good ol' foot shot.

And that guitar looks like it's only a few weeks or months old... Noiceee.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Damn my feet were pale way back then in...May.

But seriously, does anybody know what guitar this is? The reason it looks so knew is because my grandma bought way back when, took lessons for a while, didn't like it, put it into its case and left it in the closet where time passed it buy up until about December when I discovered it.
Can we get a better picture of the model number on the inside? From what I can see it says E 360S, but I'm not sure.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Can we get a better picture of the model number on the inside? From what I can see it says E 360S, but I'm not sure.

Sorry, like I said, I don't have it with me.

EDIT: Actually, it may be the F360S. I checked the Takamine website, and there is no E line. It looks a lot like my guitar, but the only issue I see is with the frame:

http://www.takamine.com/?fa=detail&mid=1066&sid=351#

It doesn't have that horizontal piece of wood going down the center like in my picture. The coloring of the front, back, and sides are the same, though.

EDIT 2: I just remembered that from the other website I checked with, it was stated that Takamine got sued because this guitar was too much like some other guitar. Based off a few Youtube videos I just looked up, I think it was Martin who sued Takamine.
Last edited by TheLetheProject at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by David Collins
Looks like a Takamine "lawsuit" model, which became known as such from disputes with Martin over the peghead decal, though I don't know if it was ever fully resolved.

Man, I feel old. The idea of a woman who bought and played one of those things, being old enough to be "grandma" is just plain weird....

She's like 60-something, so it's not like she or my mom had teenage children (I don't think that helped). She was in her thirties when she got the guitar.
Well, for sure it's a lawsuit model Takamine. The company in general got sued for the appearance of the headstock, hence the current (and IMO better) headstock design and logo. I wouldn't go by Takamine's website either. They maybe have half of their production/out of production guitars on the site.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
there are a lot of lawsuit takamines on ebay. maybe you can match your grandma's guitar to one of them. or ask around the takamine forum - there's a guy there (i think he's the mod) who seems to know just about everything takamine.
Quote by Natrone
Well, for sure it's a lawsuit model Takamine. The company in general got sued for the appearance of the headstock, hence the current (and IMO better) headstock design and logo. I wouldn't go by Takamine's website either. They maybe have half of their production/out of production guitars on the site.

Yeah, I'll just check the model number at home, now that I know where it is located. Thanks for the help!
There are a lot of models of old Takamines from the "lawsuit models" that are pretty highly regarded. Could be a real nice guitar!