I was searching through all of my old Powertab stuff, 'cause I had that before Guitar Pro, and I was laughing at myself at how terrible all of my first things were. So I thought it'd be fun for everyone to post the first semi-worked-on thing they ever did. See just how far along people have come as songwriters and, heck, how much they know/practice when it comes to music theory. Changes in musical influences are also kinda cool to see, and can be really evident.

Mine... wow. I listened to 70s rock at the time. You can kinda tell. But it changes keys from G to E and then to C and... it's all messed up. XD. If you have the metronome on, you can tell it doesn't even stay in time. I couldn't tell at the time. But no WAY does it fit into the whole "4 beats per bar" thing. XD.
Attachments:
SD1.ptb
Last edited by Msu_Man04 at Jul 31, 2009,
lol i made this one when i started my first band and everyone sucked at their instruments so I had to make it easy...but honestly I think it's pretty good for a first song lol
Attachments:
R2R.gp5
I'll listen to you guys in a sec.

Heres my first one. All I did was added drums today. I'll warn you, there are a few harmonic errors. And it's all pretty lame.

I wrote this probably 2 years ago...

^^ Some pretty unusual rhythms there...

^ Constructed pretty damn well, but it probably couldn't be more boring. (To me)

Mind you, i'm not expecting much more of a reaction to mine...
Attachments:
Song.gp4
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by Butt Rayge
I'll listen to you guys in a sec.

Heres my first one. All I did was added drums today. I'll warn you, there are a few harmonic errors. And it's all pretty lame.

I wrote this probably 2 years ago...

^^ Some pretty unusual rhythms there...

^ Constructed pretty damn well, but it probably couldn't be more boring. (To me)

Mind you, i'm not expecting much more of a reaction to mine...

Lmao. I know.

Yours actually isn't bad. I like a lot of it, actually. XD.
I forgot which of these were first lol Groove maybe?
PSN: RokkstarX
Live: RokkyX

All my original (C4C) material is located here.
Oh, and I think I'll slip in a few more of my first ones.

SD2 isn't that bad. If it was shaped up, it could be pretty good, I think.

SD3 is just some horrible riff idea I had.

SD4 I actually posted on here a LONG time ago. Like... Winter/Spring '07. Could be okay, but... meh

SD8 I think could also actually be good. My first non-7/4 thing I made.
Attachments:
SD2.ptb
SD3.ptb
SD4.ptb
SD8.ptb
Quote by Msu_Man04
Lmao. I know.

Yours actually isn't bad. I like a lot of it, actually. XD.

Cheers. I like a couple of the riffs, generic as they may be, but I don't think they're song material.

You have to start somewhere though.
Cool idea, here's mine.

I still actually like this one, and every once and a while I'm tempted to kind of revisit it and give it a bit of an overhaul.
Attachments:
Untitled.gp5
Woah. I just found something even older that I had completely forgotten about.

Never before posted, and certainly not finished, I give you the first thing I ever really did.
Attachments:
the rock.gp5
Quote by |_JR_|
Warning: it's very cheesy xD

Whatever you want to call that, it was damn cool.
my old computer broke and i lost all my early tabs, i have them written down somewhere though.

give me a day or two and i'll chuck in some stuff from like, 2005
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
This actually isnt..horrible?
Attachments:
Pardon the Insolence.gp5
-Gear-
Mesa Triple Rectifier---Bogner/Line6 SpiderValve---Orange PPC 4x12

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-
Alesis MidiVerb4--BBE SonicMaximizer 442--Ibanez TS9
Boss DD-3--Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
A couple of my first decent song ideas, and, a really horrible one with a Metallica rip-off in it (Intro and Outro being the first decent ones >.>
Attachments:
04 Outro.gp5
01 Intro.gp5
Something Like Fake.gp5
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
Warning- bad song alert

it was my first..... the solo has no rhythm... other than that..... its bad......
Attachments:
jc1 added intro.gp5

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.