ok, so. i've always wanted a JS style guitar, but i don't want to buy the sig because i'd really rather it have my own flair to it
but i found a JS body on ebay for extremely cheap that i'm thinking about getting, repainting, and then finding a neck for.

PROBLEM: where could i get a neck? i called Warmoth today, and the guy said that Ibanez necks are very inconsistent, and that it'd be practically impossible to find one to fit. I also don't have the woodworking skills to fix it if it doesn't fit. would it be easy to learn something like that??
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
If im right then i think the earlier RG series and S series had square heels, like the JS series. Therefore the necks may work with the body better, You may want to try and find one of them (ebay). Any differences in width could probably be taken care of with some slight sanding i imagine.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Jul 31, 2009,
bump! thanks for the hep ILuvePillows, i'm jsut fishing to see what other info i can get
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Ibanez has an extensive parts catalogue... If you're sure the eBay body is genuine then maybe you can look up the parts number and order it via your local Ibanez retailer.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Ibanez has an extensive parts catalogue... If you're sure the eBay body is genuine then maybe you can look up the parts number and order it via your local Ibanez retailer.

unfortunately, they wont give you necks lol which sucks. i think i'm probably going to just abandon this idea. it's potentially going to be a lot of money for something that wont be that good
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I wouldn't give up, imagine that you some how run into Mr Satriani. The conversation could go like this

"YO joe! Never guess what, i bought a JS body off of ebay and put a ibanez neck to it and it's super cool"

Joe " Well, that's pretty darn awesome. Wanna be best buds?"

But if you give up it would go like this

"You Joe, i bought a JS body off of ebay but then i gave up...."

Joe "Well, that's pretty darn stupid. Maybe you should give up guitar in general"

..and you will be truly owned by Joe Satriani.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Quote by ILuvPillows?
I wouldn't give up, imagine that you some how run into Mr Satriani. The conversation could go like this

"YO joe! Never guess what, i bought a JS body off of ebay and put a ibanez neck to it and it's super cool"

Joe " Well, that's pretty darn awesome. Wanna be best buds?"

But if you give up it would go like this

"You Joe, i bought a JS body off of ebay but then i gave up...."

Joe "Well, that's pretty darn stupid. Maybe you should give up guitar in general"

..and you will be truly owned by Joe Satriani.

I agree with this. He might also be insulted that you gave up on trying to build his sig guitar and steal your hair.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
lol i will be seeing him in concert in about a month and i have met him before lol

idk..i'm just really afraid of sinking a bunch of money into this thing to have it fail... grr conflicting emotions
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional