Now, if you have multiples with same pickups, that's even better, but it's a fun question in general. I've noticed the "louder" guitars tend to keep a lot of dynamic through overdrive and really respond well to feedback in a musical way.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
He's insinuating that there is a massive volume difference other than the gain on pickups.

Some guitars are more resonant and 'sing' better. But that won't give you more than a decible or two of volume difference once they're plugged in.
... Volume knob?
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
...the guitar that happens to be plugged into my amp at the time is by far my loudest one.

>.>

<.<
Quote by wlcm2themachine
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Quote by ChemicalFire
You sir, are a god amongst men

MY GEAR:
...apparently, i have too much. i cant list it without going over the character limit.
The only electric guitar I have... well it has a dimebucker in it which is louder than the single coil pickups on it...
As far as a serious answer, my LTD 250 is much louder than the Parker Nitefly and Epiphone Les Paul. I'm assuming its because of the EMG passives loaded in it. Either way, the distortion on the LTD is eons louder than either of those two. The clean on the Parker is louder than the two because of the Piezo though.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by Iansmitchell
I've noticed the "louder" guitars tend to keep a lot of dynamic through overdrive and really respond well to feedback in a musical way.
This part doesn't even make sense, the higher output a pickup is the more condensed the tone is going to get. If clarity and response is what you want then go with the lowest ouput pickups you can get and set them far back from the strings.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I think he means how naturally loud and resonant the guitar is rather than how hot the pickups are.
Quote by Iansmitchell
Now, if you have multiples with same pickups, that's even better, but it's a fun question in general. I've noticed the "louder" guitars tend to keep a lot of dynamic through overdrive and really respond well to feedback in a musical way.

I would tend to agree with that... more resonance means more vibration in the wood, pickups, easier to coax feedback out of that kind of guitar.
In terms of testing on a fixed amp setting, my Cort is way louder than anything. Could be the EMG's? But it also has great acoustic resonance. My Yammy with the L500 pup is next and a good bit louder than my old '71 SG. That was about same as older Gibbos I had. Not tried that test on my 12-string but hard to compare with twice the string input.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

The loudest one is my Iceman with Dimarzios, but the most dynamic is my Schecter PT that has a vintage-type single in the neck and a hot vintage PAF-a-like in the bridge.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Plugged:

PGM301

Unplugged:

MiJ Telecaster
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff