I recently changed the gauge of strings on my Ibanez RG370DXGP1 to an .11-.50 gauge, and the guitar is tuned into drop-c as of now, so to equal out the string tension, i added another spring and tightened it a bit. Well now when I try to push down the whammy bar, it is about 2 or 3 times harder than it used to be when i had lower gauge strings. I'm pretty sure its not supposed to be that way, because guitarists such as Alexi Laiho, who usually tunes into drop-c, use the whammy bar with what seems like no trouble. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
I think you have to take off a spring, let it chill for a little, and try to put the spring back on. But im not sure, I had the same problem with my Jackson Dinky... so I sold that.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
maybe try to take the spring back out...and tighten the screws that hold the claw into the body down a bit to equal out the tension. You may not need that extra spring.
Quote by Feefity
I recently changed the gauge of strings on my Ibanez RG370DXGP1 to an .11-.50 gauge, and the guitar is tuned into drop-c as of now, so to equal out the string tension, i added another spring and tightened it a bit. Well now when I try to push down the whammy bar, it is about 2 or 3 times harder than it used to be when i had lower gauge strings. I'm pretty sure its not supposed to be that way, because guitarists such as Alexi Laiho, who usually tunes into drop-c, use the whammy bar with what seems like no trouble. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

You already answered your own question.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
It will be harder to push down with more springs as its harder to extend a spring that isnt very stretched than one that's stretched further.