Hi well I've been told by friends and people on here I should consider a new amp. I have a Vox AD50VT and i don't really like it at all. I was considering a few different amps. I would preferably like a tube amp. maybe a stack? If this helps I'm an intermediate skill level I play anywhere from blues to thrash and I play an ESP LTD KH-202. (getting a new ax soon) Since I am paying for some of the amp (parents will pick up the rest). So probably nothing over $650 maybe a little lower. In the future I am considering a Line 6 POD XT Live (if you read my last thread). So shall i stay away from modeling amps? I will not be gigging

What I have considered (If you could give me a yeah or nah)

Tube Amps-
Peavey Vypyr 60 (unless i should stay away from modeling amps)
Peavy Valveking 112

(I cant find a tube amp I like for my range. suggestions?)

Solid State-
Marshall MG100DFX Combo (like it alot)
Fender Frontman 212R (guitar teacher has one kinda like it)
Peavy Vypyr 75
Your Vox is better than both the Marshall and the Fender.

The Windsor and OD would be a good choice. Also consider the following:

Traynor YCS40, YCS50, YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Classic 30, Classic 50, VTM, Butcher
Crate Vintage Club, V16, V18, V33H, V32 Palomino
Laney VC30, LC30
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
the marshal isnt the worst amp ever built...
i really resent how everyone keeps saying that
imo the mg is just not that great and is pricy

i bet half the people that say the mg is the WORST OMG amp ever ...never owned one
27mMoV31II7.a2
Last edited by Antimage27 at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by Antimage27
i best half the people that say the mg is the WORST OMG amp ever ...never owned one

My band's guitarist has one, it sounds alright but just doesn't have that Marshall glory, he could have gotten something better for the price. But its quality is still passable.
to last post
Thank you, at least you provide info as to why you dont recommend it.
27mMoV31II7.a2
The peavy windsor with od sounds like my number one option or the B-52? Right now I would like opinions and recommendations.
Last edited by zoso_boy99 at Jul 31, 2009,
I prefer the Windsor, but that's only based on opinion. If you can find them in a store then definitely give them both a shot. I can't seem to find a Windsor cab anywhere online though, to go with the 100W head.
If you're not gigging maybe just get a good low-wattage tube amp like the Blackstar HT-5?

A 30W tube amp at home is extremely loud. Also consider that tube amps sound best when the volume is turned up!
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by Antimage27
the marshal isnt the worst amp ever built...
i really resent how everyone keeps saying that
imo the mg is just not that great and is pricy

i bet half the people that say the mg is the WORST OMG amp ever ...never owned one

yer its not good, the effects are the worst things ive ever heard and its pricy making the worst amp ever build, my school has 2 in the studio and i take my Vox AD30VT to use because i cant stand the MG
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
i need more suggestions. i like the blackstar ht-5 i have actually played through one.
Quote by pwrmax
Peavey Windsor + Overdrive pedal

+1 on the Windsor and OD
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Quote by HellBoy9393
If you're not gigging maybe just get a good low-wattage tube amp like the Blackstar HT-5?

A 30W tube amp at home is extremely loud. Also consider that tube amps sound best when the volume is turned up!

This.

Anyways, about the MG. I have one. The cleans are good, but the drive is digitalcrap sounding and its overpriced.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
i have heard about the windsor from a friend they say they dont like it. ill probally try one out anyways.
Quote by zoso_boy99
i have heard about the windsor from a friend they say they dont like it. ill probally try one out anyways.

the windsor is good, except it has no clean channel.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
well i have it sorted down to the blacksatr B-52 and the windsor. But in yalls opion would be stupid to go ahead and buy a POD Xt Live right now and play through my AD50Vt instead of buying a new amp?
Definitely a new amp would be better than the POD. I would leave the Windsor out of the list of choices IF you need a clean channel.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Quote by zoso_boy99
why would u take an amp over a POD? Just wondering

Idunno, I guess its just my opinion..... I don't think a POD would sound that great through your current amp. I tried the setup at L&M and it didn't sound that great. I think overall, your tone will improve more with a new amp. Just my opinion though. Never buy something just because someone on UG tells you to. A good rule of thumb is to try before you buy, no matter what.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
of course thats a good rule. The only reason I want the POD Is for more effects because I have no effects except for wats on my amp. I will buy a POD later.
does any one have info on the randall G3 series they look decent. Im gonna try one out soon
I have the Blackstar HT-5, its a really good option for someone looking for a low-watt tube amp. Does clean, overdrive, and distortion well.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
seriously mate try a laney vc30 212 I just bought one sounds awesome clean is great and the drive is good up all the until light metal