hey guys I'm mainly looking to buy 3 pedals right now a fuzz pedal, a tremolo pedal, and a reverb pedal (maybe) . There's SO many great sounding pedals out there that buying one is such a hard decision, so I'd like to know what some of your favorites are, or just some that you'd recommend I look into.

I play indie, post rock, rock, and experimental music.
I'm looking to spend under 200 on each of these pedals, unless it's exactly what I'm looking for and costs a little more.

right now for tremolo i'm considering the seymour duncan shape shifter, i really liked the sound of the voodoo lab, but i've heard it's unreliable.

as far as fuzz goes, i was leaning towards the vexter fuzz factory, but I've read some bad reviews of it and I've heard so many other great sounding fuzzes since then that I'm totally lost. Also, when I'm looking for a fuzz pedal...I want something that i can get some crazy feedback and oscillation noises from, without the pedal being overly loud and unusable for anything else.

if you know of any other unique effect pedals, feel free to mention those as well!
fuzz fact is pretty pointless, i used to own one, the actual fuzz sound isnt that great, and it just makes irritating noises on 80% of the settings, its basicly a fuzz face with some extra knobs on it, plus there simple you can buid one yourself, all of zvex's stuff is horribly overpriced for what it is

get a big muff, turn it up loud BOOM lots of controllable feedback and noise

tremolo - stereo pulsar, i have had a few trems and this is the best, warmer and more organic plus way more versatile, handles extreeme noises very well

reverb - without spending big bucks the marshall reflector is great for ambient sounds, the spring setting aint that great, but the hall plate and room all pwn.
thanks! I tried a Russian big muff and a little big muff...i didn't like them that much...I think the American one is probably more for me if anything...the russian wasn't horribly bad

is the stereo pulsar from ehx?
Yeah..I returned the fuzz factory it was only fun until I stopped playing muse covers. I also had a big muff, and returned it as well. Doesn't (obviously) cut through the mix with another guitarist in your band. Sounds amazing on your own though, or if you're doing the white stripes thing.

For trem, I hear amazing things about the Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter. Tap tempo as well, with a clever 2:1 thing going on. You can tap it, and the trem will go twice as fast. of 3:1, whatever. Demeter Tremulators are very good as well.

My only suggestion for reverb would be Line 6 Verbzilla. Haven't tried it, but gets better feedback than the Holy Grail around here.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Check out the Death By Audio Fuzz War. Its the most brutal fuzz I've ever heard. Theres a good video on youtube somewhere..
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Yeah..I returned the fuzz factory it was only fun until I stopped playing muse covers. I also had a big muff, and returned it as well. Doesn't (obviously) cut through the mix with another guitarist in your band. Sounds amazing on your own though, or if you're doing the white stripes thing.

The real trick with using the Big Muff in a band situation is to put an EQ or something with a mid boost (TS9 etc) after the Muff. You get a tighter, more cutting tone that works great in a band situation.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
The real trick with using the Big Muff in a band situation is to put an EQ or something with a mid boost (TS9 etc) after the Muff. You get a tighter, more cutting tone that works great in a band situation.

Ah, I have heard that Silversun Pickups did that at one point. When you stop playing however, wouldn't it be sqeauling and such? Sort of like when you put a distortion in front of and already distorted amp?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
An Electro Harmonix Holy Stain (not Holy Grail) has fuzz, tremolo AND reverb in the one pedal. they sound sick and they're reasonably cheap too. look on the electro harmonix website
gear:
Charvel 750XL w/ Duncan SH15
Squier Affinity HSS strat
Orange Tiny Terror Combo
Yamaha RBX 170 bass
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff Tone Wicker
EHX Stereo Electric Mistress
Hardwire Delay
Vox V-847A Wah
Artec Dual Boost
Boss EQ
Quote by dcdossett65
Ah, I have heard that Silversun Pickups did that at one point. When you stop playing however, wouldn't it be sqeauling and such? Sort of like when you put a distortion in front of and already distorted amp?

Ah, yeah, there's a trick for that too. You just kind of use the overdrive or EQ for the mid boost, not for gain, so you're only using the Muff's gain. Sort of like using a mid/clean boost after the Muff. Hang on, I've got a pic somewhere of the settings I used to record a fuzzy solo:

Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
my altime favorite fuzz is the analogman NTK275 sunface with the added sundial knob. The total cost of this is $260 which is overbudget. If you get it with the standard Germanium transistors it's actually more "vintage" but doesn't sound as nice. It's still a damn good pedal. This will cost you $210 and I think it is more than worth going $10 over budget on this because you simply can't beat a good fuzz.

My favorite reverb is the EHX holey grail which is significantly under $200 so you can take some money from that and invest in the fuzz.

Cant help you with the tremolo pedal because I don't use them.
Not taking any online orders.