Page 1 of 2
Another thread got me on this idea, something one of the UG'ers said...
Is being bullied connected to listening to metal/rock/hardcore metal etc?

I'm just asking, because one of the UG'ers made a comment about that and I feel the same way...

Let me hear it!

Edit: there, fixed my error
Quote by Johnny skins
banned cause im fine because of your avatar! it blasts happyness everytime i see it!!

definitly the best avatar ever I=Cookie

Proud owner of the: I'm wearing clothes in the Pit! Group! Click here to join
Last edited by I=Cookie at Jul 31, 2009,
I've never been bullied, and i listen to classic rock and blues. the metal heads at my school tend to be the "outcasts" so perhaps there is a connection.
Oh lawd. Is this another stereotype kind of thing?

And I stopped being bullied when I finally stepped up and kicked ass. And Im bigger than most people I know so hardly anybody messes or "bullies" me anymore.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
When you listen to Tupac, nobody bullies you. Nobody. ಠ_ಠ

Except maybe Biggie Smalls.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
bullying to me always seemed like something all the adults thought was still a big problem, but it hardly ever affected anyone
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Honestly, I think bullying becomes a pretty minor thing after 5th Grade in the States.

This is just based on what I've seen/heard, mind you.
I'm not saying you have to be bullied to like metal... I've never been bullied and I like metal! But a lot of people in the scene have dealt with bullying issues in the past... I was just wondering if there was a connection...

I'm not stereotyping (I wouldn't dare, I hate that sh*t)
Quote by Johnny skins
banned cause im fine because of your avatar! it blasts happyness everytime i see it!!

Just wait till everyone in the Pit tells you about them being 6 foot 5 and having 250 punds worth of muscle.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by shut_up_n00b
Just wait till everyone in the Pit tells you about them being 6 foot 5 and having 250 punds worth of muscle.

I'm 6'4 and have....no muscle.
Quote by shut_up_n00b

I'm 6'1 and am 185 lbs of muscle... so there
Quote by I=Cookie
I'm not saying you have to be bullied to like metal... I've never been bullied and I like metal! But a lot of people in the scene have dealt with bullying issues in the past... I was just wondering if there was a connection...

I'm not stereotyping (I wouldn't dare, I hate that sh*t)

Just making sure

And I guess there may be a connection in some cases, and sometimes it may just be a coincedince.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
I am the only one I know who listens to 'metal', and I don't get bullied. But I don't go around saying "omfg Im so br00talz". It's more-so the personality which goes with the taste in music, I guess.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by SGibson666
...Speedcore?

But in a way, yes. In another way, no.

Wrong term (another part of my past ) I meant, hardcore metal...

But I believe I'm 6 feet myself (we measure in the metric system so if anybody knows how to calculate I'm 1.83 meter )
So I don't worry about that
Quote by Johnny skins

Quote by skaterskagg1
Who would bully a Led Zeppelin fan?

I would.

in related news, ive never been bullied for my musical taste. most kids havent heard of the **** i dig. when i was really little, i got bullied. ive been 6' 4" since about 8th grade. kinda neat how i havent been screwed with for the past 6 years, yknow?

people are dumb. /thread
~b
Quote by shut_up_n00b

Haha! 5'8 and actually a bit of a fat git...

But, waaay back when I was bullied a bit, I never listened to any music! Years later, got into punk, moved through rock, into metal, then regressed to acoustic and blues.

Hells Yeah.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I wouldn't say I was bullied, that ended in middle school, more of alienated/ostracised now. I don't think it had much to do with my music taste, maybe except I listen to less 'mainstream' stuff since there really is no social purpose in listening to that for me.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Katar
My huge ass spikes scare people away

You have ass spikes? wtf? hahahaha pics or it didn't happen
Quote by Johnny skins

I was bullied for my red hair not my music. When are people gonna realize that red hair jokes aren't funny?
Huge metal fan here.

Only time I was ever bullied was when I was a Freshman, and it was just one time and in no way was connected to the type of music I listen to. While I wore band shirts and stuff, I never really felt the need to dress and act a certain way so as to fit with a certain crowd or stereotype.
Quote by GREENWARRI0R
Huge metal fan here.

Only time I was ever bullied was when I was a Freshman, and it was just one time and in no way was connected to the type of music I listen to. While I wore band shirts and stuff, I never really felt the need to dress and act a certain way so as to fit with a certain crowd or stereotype.

Most of the people I know are pretty open minded...and I reckon it's probably the metal head elitists that do most of the bullying, anyway, since my school is so full of metal heads, me included. Where I am, if you're a bully and like rap music, you're a loser.
Quote by SGibson666

that there is humorous as SHIT man, you deserve for me to add a single numeric symbol to this.

+1
Quote by toxictaipan
Nicely played.

My thoughts exactly
Quote by Johnny skins

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
that there is humorous as SHIT man, you deserve for me to add a single numeric symbol to this.

+1

I second that. I actually laughed out loud and woke my dad up. It's 2:05 AM.
Generalisations generally don't accurately summarise the general public. General.

People are different and are influenced by an innumerable amount of experiences which culminate to later habits. Some people do find emotional release and enjoyment in heavy metal, whilst others find it in music, partying, excercise, drugs, alcohol, friends, sex and the like. It's pretty damn hard to thoroughly psychoanalyse one person let alone many, but I understand the idea that certain types of people might listen to metal etc.
yeah my schools really close minded
i showed a kid an arch enemy song and they said ur thats emo ****
and i learnt one fateful day never to wear skinny jeans to school ever
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Quote by I=Cookie
Another thread got me on this idea, something one of the UG'ers said...
Is being bullied connected to listening to metal/rock/hardcore metal etc?

I'm just asking, because one of the UG'ers made a comment about that and I feel the same way...

Let me hear it!

Edit: there, fixed my error

Metal is typically considered an outlet for the anger from being bullied, or not accepted. So bullying leads to metal, not metal leading to bullying. Or...in theory at least. That's what the idea seemed to be in Global Metal.
I'm an extreme supporter of the Second Amendment

It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a women's separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation.
Never been bothered by it. There are enough people around here that listen to metal and look the sort.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by Dan shreds
yeah my schools really close minded
i showed a kid an arch enemy song and they said ur thats emo ****
and i learnt one fateful day never to wear skinny jeans to school ever

Your school sucks then doesnt it...

Listening to a certain type of music has nothing to do with whether you are ''bullied'' or not.
Its more the type of person you are etc.

and how would you bully someone about that anyway?

it doesnt go like ''ha-ha you listen to metallllll''
or
''hey, are you gonna go listen to some metal?'' and then some idiot goes ''yeah dude that call was awesome'' *hi five*

I dont see how you can even be bullied about music.....
Unfortunately so many douchebags listen to metal and dress in all black and act like social retards that it has turned into the stereotype for being a "metal head". And it isn't far from the truth in most cases. Long story short, if you are bullied (but really, who gets bullied?) it's because you are a douche and not because of your music preferences.
Page 1 of 2