Quote by Don_Humpador
£2.50 says it'll be crap.

What are you saying, £2.50? ...
Go spend me on bubblegum? ...
Ok, I'll do that for you.

*runs to nearest convenience store*
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Brilliant. Another over-use-of-CG film comin' our way...

I miss special effects >.>
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
I reckon this is going to be the feel good film of the summer.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I reckon this is going to be the feel good film of the summer.

+1

Can't wait.
RULE BRITANNIA
Ridley Scott ain't too bad. He'd better do Alien justice!

EDIT: In the sense that the series went downhill after the second movie.
Last edited by denfilade at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by denfilade
Ridley Scott ain't too bad. He'd better do Alien justice!

funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Why the facepalm?

Who else would you prefer?

Re-read the other guy's post.

Ridley Scott directed the original Alien.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik

I meant the new Alien justice, since wasn't Aliens directed by someone else? Aliens was epic, but the ones after that didn't turn out too good.
Last edited by denfilade at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by DirtyMakik

Aye, I think you misunderstood him though. Chences are if he knows who Ridley Scott is he knows he did Alien.
I think he meant 'If anyone can make a decent prequel it'll be Ridley Scott'

Edit: Beaten to it

James Cameron did Aliens - easily the best. I'd rather he did the prequel.
RULE BRITANNIA
Last edited by Cobain_Is_King at Jul 31, 2009,
Don't really care.

But, if Stanley Kubrick was alive, IMO he should be directing every single movie ever.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
Quote by Talonwolf
Brilliant. Another over-use-of-CG film comin' our way...

I miss special effects >.>

i guess you arent that familiar with ridley scott's work. he uses cg intelligently unlike most directors. plus most of the time when he has cg in a film you dont notice it like 90% of the cg shots in gladiator.

i really dont know how you could make a prequel to alien, unless it's just 2 hours of brett and parker bitching about not getting a full share. maybe it'll be a buddy comedy.
Eh.

I never knew Ridley Scott's brother directed Top Gun. That makes him more famous than Ridley in my book. >_>
Bet you a

That it gets slated but makes like £/$8391320892318 at the box office anyway.

Luckily, I don't even like crunchies that much.
Damn, this is brilliant news actually. Ridley Scott is, for my money, possibly the greatest Sci-Fi director around. Blade Runner and Alien are two superb films, and if anyone were to be directing a prequel to Alien it should be him.

To those complaining about overuse to CGI and the like, learn a bit about Ridley Scott and his work. When it comes to using CGI, he is simply the best. No question. Peter Jackson, Guillermo whatever can nibble in the hairs of his gooch; Ridley is the king of graphics in films. If you have any doubt, watch Blade Runner and Kingdom of Heaven - particularly how he recreated that vast seige of Jerusalem.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Eh.

I never knew Ridley Scott's brother directed Top Gun. That makes him more famous than Ridley in my book. >_>

His brother Tony is just like Michael Bay UK unfortunately. I think his film True Romance was a total fluke, as everything else he's done was rubbish.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Night_Lights
Aliens vs Gladiator.

............step into my office.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Eh.

I did >.>

I love Top Gun
RULE BRITANNIA
I saw in an old interview once he wanted to do a prequel, involving the "pilot" in the first film, and the whole ship of "pilots" that get the alien on board.

I'm not sure if i want to see it. I mean, alein is possibly my favourite film, and that scene in the derilict spaceship is one of the best bits. I think it'd totally ruin the mystery of it. I'll hold judgement till I see trailers etc. though.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I love Top Gun

There's a cure for those things.

jk I liked it too
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I'll see it, and more than likely enjoy it immensely.
Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
They better not explain the story of the Space Jockey bloke. Otherwise I'm looking forward to this, I will definately go to the cinema to see it.
Quote by noisefarmer
i guess you arent that familiar with ridley scott's work. he uses cg intelligently unlike most directors. plus most of the time when he has cg in a film you dont notice it like 90% of the cg shots in gladiator.

i really dont know how you could make a prequel to alien, unless it's just 2 hours of brett and parker bitching about not getting a full share. maybe it'll be a buddy comedy.

It happened to George Lucas and Steven Spielberg...

It can happen to Ridley Scott.

My point is it's incredibly difficult for the movie industry to find special effects guys. No one funds it anymore. That, plus there's a likely chance he'll be pressured heavily to use a lot of CG. It's a shame, because I love a lot of his movies, but if you check the last few movies he's directed they're often movies which don't 'require' a lot of CG.

The Aliens series, however - considering the lack of special effects that will be available - will require it. Maybe he will use it intelligently, but I say there's more chance that he won't be able to
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Any ideas on the plot? I mean unless its just gonna be the aliens kicking the ass of those giants from the downed ship in the first one, and that would be pretty predictable IMO.
Jackson Soloist SL-3
Squire Strat
Crate XT120R
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Metalocalypse54
Any ideas on the plot? I mean unless its just gonna be the aliens kicking the ass of those giants from the downed ship in the first one, and that would be pretty predictable IMO.

It would be good, but unlikely seeing as there would be no humans and therefore no dialogue.
There's no way they'd make the film without humans. No dialogue in a major blockbuster = suicide.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
There's no way they'd make the film without humans. No dialogue in a major blockbuster = suicide.

You could make it like a documentary and have Morgan Freeman narrate it. It'd be like March of the Penguins, except March of the Xenomorphs.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
it would be nice it they did a good alien xbox game. alien III for the megadrive was l33t.
Page 1 of 2