I ran a search on these guys and found nothing, so if there's a thread already, then I'll post there.

For those who don't know, Outworld is a prog/heavy/power band that absolutely kicks ass. Their guitar player, Rusty Cooley, has to be the best damn thing I've ever heard and I would easily go as far as placing him as being just as good (if not better) than the likes of Jeff Loomis.

Link to the song called "Warcry" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0IkQJqL3kk

for those who care, the solo starts at 3:17
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Never really was a fan, but Rusty Cooley is a great guitarist.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
cool vocals,but that's about it. Rusty Cooley is one of those guitarists who make metal guitarists look like idiots,he can occasionally write a cool lick but he is pretty more all flash and no substance imo.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by TheTortured

Their guitar player, Rusty Cooley, has to be the best damn thing I've ever heard and I would easily go as far as placing him as being just as good (if not better) than the likes of Jeff Loomis.

DUDE!!!!
JEFF LOOMIS GOT NOTHING ON RUSTY COOLEY!!!!
Rusty Cooley is a f**king innovator in the case of 7-strings and 8-strings and is regarded one of the fastest guitarists in the world.
Listen to his solo stuff like "under the influence"
Lots of people used 7 and 8 string guitars before him, and in a much more interesting way at that.The difference between the two is that Loomis can actually write songs that don't resort to pointless wankery every 20 seconds.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by nemesis_911
DUDE!!!!
JEFF LOOMIS GOT NOTHING ON RUSTY COOLEY!!!!
Rusty Cooley is a f**king innovator in the case of 7-strings and 8-strings and is regarded one of the fastest guitarists in the world.
Listen to his solo stuff like "under the influence"

I know, he's such an innovator! First man ever to shred a 7 string, amirite?

Don't be such a tool. Just because he plays quickly doesn't mean he's either an innovator or an interesting guitarist. Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGVec549bpk

I can see how he thought there.

"Hmm, I'll do some slow arpeggios, to show how soulful I am! OK. Duh duh duh. Duuuh duuuh duuuh. This is boring. I'll just speed up a bit. Just a bit more. Now, ah - OK, this is a bit more like it. I'll just start to show off, what the hell. Hey, this sounds like all my other solos now! This be some good shit."
Last edited by webbtje at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by TheTortured
I ran a search on these guys and found nothing, so if there's a thread already, then I'll post there.

For those who don't know, Outworld is a prog/heavy/power band that absolutely kicks ass. Their guitar player, Rusty Cooley, has to be the best damn thing I've ever heard and I would easily go as far as placing him as being just as good (if not better) than the likes of Jeff Loomis.

Link to the song called "Warcry" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0IkQJqL3kk

for those who care, the solo starts at 3:17

He may be faster than Loomis but Loomis sure is a hell of a lot more interesting to listen to.
Rusty Cooley's an amazing guitarist, but Outworld kind of bores me. I just kind of hate most power-metal-ish music in general.
Meh, they're alright. Nothing special
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by webbtje

"Hmm, I'll do some slow arpeggios, to show how soulful I am! OK. Duh duh duh. Duuuh duuuh duuuh. This is boring. I'll just speed up a bit. Just a bit more. Now, ah - OK, this is a bit more like it. I'll just start to show off, what the hell. Hey, this sounds like all my other solos now! This be some good shit."

I'm not a big fan of the guitar. Zema is an incredible vocalist though.
Up The Boro!