I JUST GOT MY NEW AMP!!! a peavey vypyr 30. but when i plugged my guitar in, and turned it on, it made the nasty buzz. it always makes it, whenever my gutar is plugged in, with volume not on zero, and on a distorted channel. it's very annoying. any idea what it might be?

HELP ME!!!
Quote by ElvenLord
I JUST GOT MY NEW AMP!!! a peavey vypyr 30. but when i plugged my guitar in, and turned it on, it made the nasty buzz. it always makes it, whenever my gutar is plugged in, with volume not on zero, and on a distorted channel. it's very annoying. any idea what it might be?

HELP ME!!!

Most amps have a bit of that. You could try changing leads. But i find the best way is too sit away from all sources of electricity because it reduces pickup interference.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
If it doesn't make the noise when nothing is plugged in then chances are it's not the amp.

Sounds to me like you either have a grounding problem with your guitar or you have a bad lead. It's also possible that you are using an instrument or speaker lead rather than a guitar lead. The wrong type of lead will cause major buzzing problems.
Not taking any online orders.
Ive got the same amp and it did it for me at the start.... just dont plug the guitar in before you turn it on. Wait for the lights to go around once, then plug it. Try tht a few times should work, mine does it WAYYYY Less now, but did it like ur explainin when i first got it
Gear:

Westone: Thunder 2
BOSS: Heavy Metal HM-2
Marlin: HML 10L
Peavey: Vypyr 30
Quote by CorduroyEW
a grounding problem with your guitar

what's that?

Quote by CorduroyEW
It's also possible that you are using an instrument or speaker lead rather than a guitar lead. The wrong type of lead will cause major buzzing problems.

how can i tell the differnece between these two types of cables? cos i just grabbed one that looked right when i got it.
^Your guitar sends 2 signals out of it. One is "hot" and the other is "ground." If something in your guitar should be wired to ground but isn't that can cause buzzing. If something that is wired to ground is also making contact with the guitars hot that can cause buzz. A ground problem means that something with the guitars ground circuit isn't working the way its supposed to.

The difference between the cable types is usually something you get from the cables packaging because on the outside the cables will look the same. If you just picked up a cable that looked right then there is a very good chance that this is your problem.

What I suggest you do is go to a guitar store with your guitar and your lead and try the shops demo of your amp. If it doesn't buzz you know there is a problem with your amp. If it does buzz then you know the problem is not your amp. Next try one of the guitar shops cables. If it stops buzzing with the guitar shop cable you know it's your cable and if it keeps buzzing you know it's a problem with your guitars grounding. Just for good measure try your cable and a shop guitar because there is always the possibility that it is your cable and your guitar. If it buzzes through the shop guitar and your cable you know your cable is bad and if it doesn't buzz you know it's good. Finally (or you should actually do this 1st) try the shops amp, a shop guitar, and a shop lead just to make sure it works before you start testing your guitar.
Not taking any online orders.
Folks... This is a KNOWN issue with the vypyr. I very much doubt it's a problem with his lead or guitar.

I believe they fixed it with updated firmware, but not too certain of that.
Quote by CorduroyEW
^Your guitar sends 2 signals out of it. One is "hot" and the other is "ground." If something in your guitar should be wired to ground but isn't that can cause buzzing. If something that is wired to ground is also making contact with the guitars hot that can cause buzz. A ground problem means that something with the guitars ground circuit isn't working the way its supposed to.

The difference between the cable types is usually something you get from the cables packaging because on the outside the cables will look the same. If you just picked up a cable that looked right then there is a very good chance that this is your problem.

What I suggest you do is go to a guitar store with your guitar and your lead and try the shops demo of your amp. If it doesn't buzz you know there is a problem with your amp. If it does buzz then you know the problem is not your amp. Next try one of the guitar shops cables. If it stops buzzing with the guitar shop cable you know it's your cable and if it keeps buzzing you know it's a problem with your guitars grounding. Just for good measure try your cable and a shop guitar because there is always the possibility that it is your cable and your guitar. If it buzzes through the shop guitar and your cable you know your cable is bad and if it doesn't buzz you know it's good. Finally (or you should actually do this 1st) try the shops amp, a shop guitar, and a shop lead just to make sure it works before you start testing your guitar.

Nice troubleshooting steps. Well said!

All I can say is I hope you bought the warranty for your vypyr. They dont' really scream reliability....

Hope all works out. Peace