Well I decided to go with a Fender Standard Strat it was $500 I don't have it but I talked on Fender's site on the forums and they don't do mods and I don't want a guitar that is over $3000. My problem is since they don't do mods I wanted that Fender Standard Strat but with a different neck basically the Dave Murray Signature Strat Neck that I wanted. I don't want the Dave Murray Strat because I want a guitar of my own not a artist one. So my question is how am I going to get that neck that I want? Only thing Fender could do is a Masterbuilt but that is a lot of money and I don't want to spend that much plus I think it's more than I have. I'm sad because if I can't get this to work out I won't get the guitar I want.
Quote by stephen_rettie
just buy a dave murray neck

or a charvel neck which is probably easier and better.

This or even a Warmoth neck or Musikraft neck, that's the good thing about Fender guitars they are so easily replaceable with parts.
I would call up Warmoth, and they will undoubtedly have in what you are looking for.
Quote by stephen_rettie
just buy a dave murray neck

or a charvel neck which is probably easier and better.

how would I get the dave murray neck Fender doesn't just sell necks I'm pretty sure.
I'm going to try and find the Dave Murray neck but I doubt anyone would take it apart and sell the neck.
Why on earth do you specifically want the Dave Murray neck?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Why on earth do you specifically want the Dave Murray neck?

well it's the same neck I want for the details and fender doesn't make necks separate and I would like a fender neck. But like I said I doubt anyone would sell just the neck it would be pointless because I would probably be the only person to buy the neck separate.
You mean the dimensions?

Then just get a warmoth neck made to the same specs. You're never going to find a stand-alone neck from one of those guitars.

To be brutally honest you're making a big load of fuss over something pretty pointless - I understand you like Dave Murray but if you can't afford his sig and don't want a signature guitar anyway then why are you bothered? I seriously doubt you want that specific neck because of the specs - a typical strat neck is already extremely playable.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by steven seagull
You mean the dimensions?

Then just get a warmoth neck made to the same specs. You're never going to find a stand-alone neck from one of those guitars.

To be brutally honest you're making a big load of fuss over something pretty pointless - I understand you like Dave Murray but if you can't afford his sig and don't want a signature guitar anyway then why are you bothered? I seriously doubt you want that specific neck because of the specs - a typical strat neck is already extremely playable.

I have the money for a Dave Murray Strat but want my own guitar. I'm bothered because the neck is the exact same that I want Modified Soft V neck, 1 - Piece Maple, Maple Neck, (Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish with Satin Finish on Back), 9.5 radius, etc..

I just want a Fender neck that is like the Dave Murray doesn't have to be the Dave Murray Strat Neck just has the exact same specs.
Quote by ColinMc
I have the money for a Dave Murray Strat but want my own guitar. I'm bothered because the neck is the exact same that I want Modified Soft V neck, 1 - Piece Maple, Maple Neck, (Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish with Satin Finish on Back), 9.5 radius, etc..

I just want a Fender neck that is like the Dave Murray doesn't have to be the Dave Murray Strat Neck just has the exact same specs.

http://www.warmoth.com/
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Sadly you're not going to get one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

What's the big deal about having a signature strat? If it has what you want in a guitar, why don't you get it? It would probably cost you close to the amount or more than the amount of money to mod your guitar to be like Dave's rather than buying it used on ebay or something.

To answer your question, Warmoth is licensed by Fender.
Quote by FallsDownStairs
What's the big deal about having a signature strat? If it has what you want in a guitar, why don't you get it? It would probably cost you close to the amount or more than the amount of money to mod your guitar to be like Dave's rather than buying it used on ebay or something.

To answer your question, Warmoth is licensed by Fender.

well there is no big deal with signature models I just want my own guitar with my own specs and stuff to call my own. An artists model is their own guitar with their own specs that's not what I want. Thanks anyways guys sading I guess I will have to get the expensive one to get what I want. It sucks how Fender can't just make the necks or something it would make it a lot easier for some people.
You are either very very stupid or a troll, people told you warmoth 3 times. And yes warmoth has licensed fender parts.
Quote by ColinMc
well there is no big deal with signature models I just want my own guitar with my own specs and stuff to call my own. An artists model is their own guitar with their own specs that's not what I want. Thanks anyways guys sading I guess I will have to get the expensive one to get what I want. It sucks how Fender can't just make the necks or something it would make it a lot easier for some people.

Yes, because that wouldn't make it easy for people to make fake Fender guitars
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by ColinMc

The Murray strat has your specs and you said you have the money. So buy it, it doesn't matter if its a sig strat, it's just a guitar that has what you want. Why spend all the extra money modding a guitar to be like a signature one when the signature will be of better quality anyways?
Quote by FallsDownStairs
The Murray strat has your specs and you said you have the money. So buy it, it doesn't matter if its a sig strat, it's just a guitar that has what you want. Why spend all the extra money modding a guitar to be like a signature one when the signature will be of better quality anyways?

I know but your not getting what I mean but I found one anyways that is what I'm looking for just needs some adjustments and it's perfect. Even with the Signature I would be modding it because the only thing that I wanted with the Sig was the neck which the other guitar I found on Fender had. It had everything except two or three small things.
Last edited by ColinMc at Jul 31, 2009,
why is it so important that the neck is a fender neck? If it's for the logo then you're being stupid. Warmoth necks are as good as fender necks and are licensed by Fender so they are guaranteed to be the right fit for fender bodies.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by ColinMc

Buy Dave Murray strat; sell pickguard, equip guitar with your choice of pickups = win. But seriously the Dave Murray is just a normal strat with just different pickups and a different neck which is what you want and the pickups are always interchangeable.