I am about to start working on the solo to freebird and something that I see on this tab that bugs me as I have learned songs from many tabs but I have never figured out what the below stands for...

-X-
-X-
-X

also not in the song but another one that frustrates me looks similar to this

- -
-5/-
- -

I know its a slide but what do you slide to? Open? If so how in the heck do ya do that?
the ''X'' is a ''dead'', or hardly palm muted note, I think. And the ''-5/-'' I think you're just sliding down and realease the string, without pull-off, I'm not sure about that one.
Quote by skateralle
the ''X'' is a ''dead'', or hardly palm muted note, I think. And the ''-5/-'' I think you're just sliding down and realease the string, without pull-off, I'm not sure about that one.

I kind of figured thats what the "X" was thanks for the help

Now the "/5" I saw that on this tab http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/shinedown/sound_of_madness_ver2_tab.htm and cant make it make any sense at all
Last edited by SCHECTERMAN2007 at Jul 31, 2009,
One more thing too the bends on that song.

When it says "13b13b13b" what do I bend to? Bend up or down or just a really fast up bend?
- -
-5/-
- -

What I do here is just slide to 5 for the duration of the note. So instead of just putting your finger on the 5th fret, kinda slide it onto it.

13b13b13b

Thats a bend on the 13th fret? Just bend up a tone maybe. Got a link to the tab?
Fender American Deluxe SSS Stratocaster (2004)
Peavey Classic 50
Boss DS-1, BD-2
Jim Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah
Quote by Acoustic Guitar
- -
-5/-
- -

What I do here is just slide to 5 for the duration of the note. So instead of just putting your finger on the 5th fret, kinda slide it onto it.

13b13b13b

Thats a bend on the 13th fret? Just bend up a tone maybe. Got a link to the tab?

Thanks for the help!

here is the link http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/l/lynyrd_skynyrd/free_bird_solo_tab.htm

it also does "18b18b18b" too
No probs.

Just bend the 18th fret up a tone I reckon, by the sounds of the song .

Have fun.
Fender American Deluxe SSS Stratocaster (2004)
Peavey Classic 50
Boss DS-1, BD-2
Jim Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah