I am not a noob to forums so here is my obligatory intro...

I am not much of a guitar player but I have been sawing away on them for 15 years or so, mainly to kill time between other interests... hence my self deprecating poser intro...

In that 15 years I have collected a bunch of gear that is well beyond my skill level and for that I can't ever settle on a particular sound for the equipment I have... mainly because I keep buying more gear... I have something over 30 pedals and I don't get rid of any. I think my newest piece of gear outside of a cable or ten might be from 1993...

Most of my gear is dedicated to finding "that" 80's sound. I would love a JCM 800 but my playing doesn't warrant it so I stick with my practice amp of choice: a red tolex 1988 Marshall 3005 lead 12 with a 1988 Charvel Model 4. I know- 12 watts, SS, and most despise them, but I like it. I have two heads for two single 10" cabinets for stereo or A/B fun... I might step up for a bigger cabinet if I can find an old Marshall 4x10...

My last NGD was finding a rack mount Chandler Tube Driver (rev 2 ca. 1988+) for the grand sum of $3 US with the original EI...

I am waiting to weigh in on the Club football thread as I am not a Scouser, a Toon, a Red, or a Blue although I might be partial to a Gooner... but I support a team in the 2. Bundesliga...

The screen name... I have been an Irons fan since I found a worn TDK copy of Killers in 1983... the 88 bit is an homage to a couple of B sides...

Carry on.

Last edited by irnmadn88 at Jul 31, 2009,
Welcome to UG!

Eventually you will get out of the habit of using ellipses instead of commas/full stops.

I went through it once as well.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄