Hey guys, i played the blackstar ht 5 mini full stack in my guitar center the other day, and i love the gain channel's tone. But then i realized i had the volume on only about 9 o clock. (It was fairly loud and still sounded good,) but for anyone who has the amp, does that great tone get broken up as the volume is turned up higher?

Thanks a lot.

-Drew
Quote by ipunchcouches
Hey guys, i played the blackstar ht 5 mini full stack in my guitar center the other day, and i love the gain channel's tone. But then i realized i had the volume on only about 9 o clock. (It was fairly loud and still sounded good,) but for anyone who has the amp, does that great tone get broken up as the volume is turned up higher?

Thanks a lot.

-Drew

I just cranked mine for the first time, you need the volume above 12 o clock and it just gets fantastic. Brit side ISF FTW
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Quote by JWZ28
I just cranked mine for the first time, you need the volume above 12 o clock and it just gets fantastic. Brit side ISF FTW

you have a framus cab 2x12 it will sound amazing through that haha

erm ive never really wacked mine past 4/5 tbh, shop let me crank it and i love it, (cranking was at 6 out of 10) sounded just amazing

EDIT: i <3 the ISF
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I just played it on 10, for 5 wattts its very loud, for just normal practice I think about the 9-12 o clock mark will do on volume. I get loads of feedback and hiss when Its at high volume, need to buy me a noise gate.
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Its Loud. Put manageable to were no hearing damage will occur. your cleans wil start breaking up bad around 12+ o clock. if you use emgs theres little chance in hell your clean channel will stay clean
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
Its Loud. Put manageable to were no hearing damage will occur. your cleans wil start breaking up bad around 12+ o clock. if you use emgs theres little chance in hell your clean channel will stay clean

LOL my ears are ringing so bad, cant get enough of them tubes breaking up...
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Quote by JWZ28
LOL my ears are ringing so bad, cant get enough of them tubes breaking up...

I have hearing damage already from 8+ years of concert band, my jsx and mark IV. So im not so sensitive to the loudness from low wattage amps.
Quote by mexican_shred
I have hearing damage already from 8+ years of concert band, my jsx and mark IV. So im not so sensitive to the loudness from low wattage amps.

My ears just aren't used to it, I used to run an MG15, the HT-5 is actually louder, I guess its just the way valves fill the room better.
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Quote by ipunchcouches
so it will breakup or wont it?...no one really answered the question lol.

Well if by breakup you mean, its not sparkling clean anymore and it starts to Od then yes it does. After 12 o clock it starts overdriving noticably. With EMGS at 9 o clock it starts oding
Quote by mexican_shred
Well if by breakup you mean, its not sparkling clean anymore and it starts to Od then yes it does. After 12 o clock it starts overdriving noticably. With EMGS at 9 o clock it starts oding

i think what im trying to say is, does it the "warmness" of the gain channel go away after a certain volume is reached?
Quote by ipunchcouches
i think what im trying to say is, does it the "warmness" of the gain channel go away after a certain volume is reached?

Not really. When you crank it it fattens/thickens up. both the clean and the OD channel. The clean turns into a nice light crunch when cranked.

Check out the demo clip in my profile of how it is clean and cranked, and gain channel if you need a semi-look at how it sounds