hey guys .. im having abit of trouble with my soloing .. i can learn solos easily but say when im jamming over a track or with a group i get stuck using the same shapes and patterns when i play its alot of repetitive stuff and i wanna figure away out of it so that i can do more with my playing
Start thinking about what you want to play and listening to what you actually play rather than just moving your fingers.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
another thing what u expect
become the listener to the music and expect what they want to hear
So, I'm guessing you know all your scales and the theory mumbo jumbo. First you obviously should be listening to a lot of music to gain inspiration. Nearly every riff you hear today has been "borrowed" from someone else. And if stuff is repetitive try playing it in a different octave or bend more notes or slide more notes. Its really up to you to develop a style to break away from being repetitive. Another tip, if you play a lot of single notes use some chords while your soloing, a lot of times it sound good.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Learn more solos by other guitarists in your genres, and you will learn more licks.
Your improvisation mostly consists of licks you've play before. You always play something you've played before, but mixed and altered differently each time you improvise.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
On top of what the other guys said, learn different shapes and try wider intervals, try string skipping
thanks for the replys.. and ya i know most of my scale stuff and theory.. im more the type of player that just does what he knows kinda like how slash and dimebag were.. ( i know thats 2 totally diff genres) but those are probably 2 of my biggest influences.I think my main problem is just not being as creative as i should be and not thinking what i play before i do
Quote by Its So Easy
So, I'm guessing you know all your scales and the theory mumbo jumbo. First you obviously should be listening to a lot of music to gain inspiration. Nearly every riff you hear today has been "borrowed" from someone else. And if stuff is repetitive try playing it in a different octave or bend more notes or slide more notes. Its really up to you to develop a style to break away from being repetitive. Another tip, if you play a lot of single notes use some chords while your soloing, a lot of times it sound good.

why would you want to remove all credibility from your advice with such a stupid throaway remark?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com