Hi all.. i was thinking of switching out my piuckups on my Fender Squire Bullet. Im really not sure which pickups to use. does anyone have some suggestions?
What amp do you have?

If you have a crappy amp, pickups won't make any difference.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
What amp do you have?

If you have a crappy amp, pickups won't make any difference.

+infinity. Please do acquire a new amp before you start switching out pickups.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Time to start saving!

What's your budget?
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by los0922
I've got a Line 6 Spider III amp

New pickups won't sound any different through a crappy modeling amp like the spider.

What type of music do you play?
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
actually I just bought the Line 6.. i used to have a crappy Crate amp that had a blown speaker soo im not really looking for a new amp right now. im trying to decide whether to try and improve my Squire or maybe even buy a new guitar
Quote by edbert
New pickups won't sound any different through a crappy modeling amp like the spider.

What type of music do you play?

Right now im still a beginner/intermediate. Ive been playing for about 3 years now but i havent found my own sound. I mostly like playing classic rock though
Quote by los0922
actually I just bought the Line 6.. i used to have a crappy Crate amp that had a blown speaker soo im not really looking for a new amp right now. im trying to decide whether to try and improve my Squire or maybe even buy a new guitar

And now you have a crappy Line 6.
^The amp is the biggest part of your sound besides playing ability.

A good guitar through a crappy amp (Line 6 Spider III for instance) will sound like crap.

A crappy guitar through a good amp will sound much better.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Playing through a spider won't show your guitar's true tone so getting a new guitar won't help either.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by TheBax
And now you have a crappy Line 6.

Well Ive heard alot of bad things about the line 6 but i never understand why.. Whats so bad about the line 6?
^It doesn't reflect the guitar that is being played through it, the tone is terrible (especially when cranked), and it's unreliable.

When you get an ear for tone, you will realize it.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by los0922
Well Ive heard alot of bad things about the line 6 but i never understand why.. Whats so bad about the line 6?
it's not necessarily "bad", but for the money, it's the worst in its class.
So the real reason it gets so much heat, is for how much it costs, there's really no reason to even give one a first glance.
basically, you can get way better for the same price.

Roland Cube for example...just off the top of my head.
Quote by CullenT
^It doesn't reflect the guitar that is being played through it, the tone is terrible (especially when cranked), and it's unreliable.
if it's the 30W model, there's a sweet spot on about 3 - 5 on the volume. it'll at least make it bearable.

idk about unreliable, but i only had mine for about a year, so
Last edited by TheBax at Jul 31, 2009,
Ohh ok.. well right now im still learning so im not gonna be cranking the volume TOO loud haha but thanks I'll save my money, keep playing and when i get better i'll get me a good ol Marshall. I had a really nice Marshall amp a while ago but i had to get rid of it cuz i was unemployed.
it's not necessarily "bad", but for the money, it's the worst in its class.
So the real reason it gets so much heat, is for how much it costs, there's really no reason to even give one a first glance.
basically, you can get way better for the same price.

Roland Cube for example...just off the top of my head.
if it's the 30W model, there's a sweet spot on about 3 - 5 on the volume. it'll at least make it bearable.

idk about unreliable, but i only had mine for about a year, so [/QUOT

well i only got mine for 60 bucks. =/ it seemed like a reasonable price haha but now im not too sure
Quote by los0922
Ohh ok.. well right now im still learning so im not gonna be cranking the volume TOO loud haha but thanks I'll save my money, keep playing and when i get better i'll get me a good ol Marshall. I had a really nice Marshall amp a while ago but i had to get rid of it cuz i was unemployed.

If it was an MG you can just throw your dignity right out the door right now, sign off, and go swimming with lead trousers. Lol
Quote by TheBax
If it was an MG you can just throw your dignity right out the door right now, sign off, and go swimming with lead trousers. Lol

hahah im not sure but it was f-ing sweet but when times get rough you gotta do what you gotta do. But yes i constantly kick myself in the A$$ when i think about it.