I'm looking for some cool 4 on the floor house music. Ya know, fer an indie kid like me. Benny Benassi's songs all start out the exact same, have the similar melodies, structure, and tone, and that's boring. Unless they have live singing. Then they just suck.

I've been looking for some good house music but I haven't found any yet. Electronic stuff I already like includes Aphex Twin, the Postal Service, M83, and Portishead. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Quote by MoonBoots432
I've been looking for some good house music but I haven't found any yet. Electronic stuff I already like includes Aphex Twin, the Postal Service, M83, and Portishead. Any help is appreciated.

That is not house. A good introduction to electro is Justice. Get their album, Cross, that'll subdue you for a week or so. Next, try Deadmau5, get Random Album Title.

here's a tune that'll kick the postal service right out of your ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xao_IFohe_c
Last edited by Bmm386 at Jul 31, 2009,

I don't know what the fuck makes something house, or trance, or techno, etc etc

But what I do know is that I like songs that have groovy beats and sound electric at least.

I really haven't been keeping up at all lately, but here's some tight shit, even if it's all old:

Hey Champ ~ Cold Dust Girl (80kidz remix)
Last edited by dougiecrystals at Aug 1, 2009,
check out:

onra
lone
clark
flying lotus
autechre
the field
four tet
ratatat
bibio
the knife
dreamsploitation
susumu yokota
matmos
the orb
mouse on mars
kraftwerk

also, i'd recommend using www.allmusicguide.com or last.fm to find exactly what you're looking for
Quote by Bmm386
That is not house. A good introduction to electro is Justice. Get their album, Cross, that'll subdue you for a week or so. Next, try Deadmau5, get Random Album Title.

here's a tune that'll kick the postal service right out of your ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xao_IFohe_c

I understand none of that stuff is house. Thus I called it "Electronic". However, thanks for the suggestion.

Quote by Arthur Curry
check out:

onra
lone
clark
flying lotus
autechre
the field
four tet
ratatat
bibio
the knife
dreamsploitation
susumu yokota
matmos
the orb
mouse on mars
kraftwerk

also, i'd recommend using www.allmusicguide.com or last.fm to find exactly what you're looking for

Love Flying Lotus and Bibio, Ratatat is pretty sick, and The Knife isn't for me. Thanks for the suggestions.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Last edited by MoonBoots432 at Aug 1, 2009,
Thanks a lot guys.
+1 to Deadmau5

Dreadzone is awesome dub with house/techno influence. I saw them on saturday, and they had a very cool 4 to the floor track, but its name escapes me.

Perhaps try some minimal tech, more of an interesting atmosphere than normal techno imo, so might help get you into that sort of stuff. Just check out some of the mixes on youtube, the mixing's not always that good but it still hypnotizes all the same

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=minimal+tech&search_type=&aq=f
Justice
Digitalism
Daft Punk
Presets
Anamanaguchi (Chiptune woo!)
Passion Pit
Cut Copy
!!!
We Are Scientists
LCD Soundsystem
Simian Mobile Disco
Discovery (if soley for their Jackson 5 cover)
Chromeo
i want to listen to techno music more because they have happy energetic beats.
but i dont know any artists that i like.
I like BOTDF but i want to find others things that sound the same. hmmm...something like dance (like botdf) and sort of sounds like video game music you know?
im not sure what genre that would be either..
An item of clothing does not determine sexuality.
unless you tell everyone you are gay.

which i dont do. im not gay