Hey Guys/Girls,

I'm going to buy a Bass for a friend of mine, problem he lives in Canada, so I first need good online stores which are either Canada based or ship to Canada.

On to the actual instrument, I know nothing about Bass Guitars, I'm a guitarist myself, so Recommend me some Bass guitars.
Budget: 300 Can Dol.
Genre: Popular music/Japanese Pop/rock aka Nipponsei. I know, he's got a weird taste:P

Oh, also don't know what amp, please recommend some not so expensive.

It will be greatly appreciated.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
Nothing wrong with J-music

Ibanez springs to mind, that and the LTD beginner line (I'm a guitarist myself but a few of my mates bought those and they're very pleased)
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
haha, yeah nothing wrong with Jmusic, just if other people hear it, it's a different story. But, seriously, Idk, what about a squier Jazzbass?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
Squier jazz or Ibanez gsr200 would be my 2 cents.

Also, I personally would avoid the beginner models of brands such as bc rich, dean and (imo) LTD
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Ibanez GSR200. there is a branch of Guitar Center in Canada, Long and Mcquades I think?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Where in Canada is he/you? It says your location is the netherlands. Axemusic is a canadian store that also has online, but the selection isn't the greatest. If he can go and try it himself, long and mcquade is a good bet, and if he's in Ontario, Port Credit is a great place to go, there's a music store every few feet