hi. has anyone tried this Ibanez V2 bridge pickup? it's supposed to be made/designed by dimarzio in the 90s.. anyway.. i tried searching for reviews on harmony-central but what i read was quite insufficient..

i currently have a PRS SE Standard with stock pickups.. i'm loving the neck pup, however the bridge seems a bit short on tone for me.. it has a 10.5K DC resistance which is kinda medium output.. i'm looking for some higher output ones. my friend is selling an ibanez V2 for cheap, it's made in japan too.. it's in a really good condition, imo..

my gripe about the SE's bridge pickup is that it doesn't make that much of a sustain and harmonics seem to be a little short.. i tried comparing it with an ibanez with a dimarzio tone zone.. same amp, same effects, same cables, just a different guitar with a different pickup.. the dimazio just smashes the stock SE bridge pickup..

so, any reviews on the V2? it's wound almost the same as the tone zone.. it also has alnico5 magnets.. thanks..

i play blues, 80s hair metal, alternative, a bit of reggae and ska, some clean stuff, a bit of shred too..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Last edited by deltacross at Jul 31, 2009,
no one?
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC