So i was at a concert last night, a showcase of a lot of decent bands, then the last band came on. They started to play a song that was not in itself anything special. It sounded good, but nothing to write home about.

Then the guitarist stomped a few switches and started playing. The effect was that his guitar was delayed from when he played it, but also in complete reverse. It sounded like he had prerecorded the guitar part, then run the tape backwards, but it was definitely an effect pedal.

What is that pedal and where could i get myself one. That is by far one of the coolest effects i have ever heard.

Thanks in advance
Any reasonable digital delay can reverse delay. Check out the DigiTech Hardwire DL-8, or if you want something even higher quality, maybe the TC Electronic Nova Delay.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
A delay pedal with reverse delay
Line 6 dl4
Boss DD 7
Boss DD 20
TC nova delay
TC nova repeater
Eventide Time factor

Those all have that effect, TC electronics being the best of those
I don't know about a pedal, but the Peavey Vypyr amps have a reverse delay effect.
It sounds like a Reverse Delay - you'll find them on quite a few different digital delay pedals.

Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore