Im thinking of purchasing an ESP LTD Explorer... there are 2 models but im not sure which to buy. The EX-50 or the EX-401. I know the 401 is obviously better one but im not really sure i understand WHAT makes it better. Please help!
ex50 - bolt on neck, crap pickups, basswood or agathis (depending what year it was made) body.
ex401 - set neck, active emg pickups, mahogany body.

that's basically the main differences. the 401 will also have overall better craftsmanship/playability.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Well honestly Im not that great at guitar yet and i do want to get more serious about it but I dont know which to choose.
what guitar and amp do you have at the moment ?
oh dear...

erm...

*leaves thread*
new amp first then get the 401
the actives will sound like crap until you get a new amp..
ok anything will probably sound like crap until you get a new amp! haha
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
if you've got the money for a 401 don't settle for a 50.

also, amp>guitar, but in your case they both need a bit of upgrading so pick whichever will make you happier.
Get the guitar then get the amp. Yea you won't get the greatest sound since youhave the Spider amp, but the new guitar will be easier to play which in turn will prob make it easier for you to learn things....as far as technique goes.
Ok thanks alot.. I think im gonna just start saving up for the new guitar and amp.
Good idea. I've always wanted to try an ESP explorer
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls