Is there any thumb rule that is applied when playing 3 string arpeggios with regard to fingering pattern? For example if I play B diminished arpeggio (3rd string - 10 fret, 2nd string - 12th fret, 1st string - 10th and 13th frets) should I be using the first and second fingers for the 3rd and 2nd strings OR should I be using first and third fingers OR It does not make a difference?
personally for that i would do

gstring-index
bstring-ring
estring index for 10 and pinky for 13

im assuming these are the strings you mean when you say 1st and such. learn string names its easier.
I tend to use my ring finger for the for the G string, middle finger for the B and index then pinky on the e string when playing diminished arpeggios. For major and minor it really depends on what shape you're playing. For the D/C/A maj shapes, i'd use the same as the poster above. For Am shaped arpeggios, I use the same approach as i would for the diminished ones. It's all to do with which finger gets to the next fret easiest without leaving a difficult move afterwards. I'm sure there are some lessons on the site showing you the traditional fingerings, follow them and you'll be fine.
Quote by stephen_rettie
personally for that i would do

gstring-index
bstring-ring
estring index for 10 and pinky for 13

im assuming these are the strings you mean when you say 1st and such. learn string names its easier.

I do this way as well.

Gotta use that pinky, if you don't...you might as well chop it off and give it to someone who will.
Quote by srob7001

Gotta use that pinky, if you don't...you might as well chop it off and give it to someone who will.

Thanks all of you guys! For this shape the most natural thing for me would be to use the index, ring and index/pinky fingers for the G, B and High E strings respectively.
I appreciate your feedback!

Hmmm...I'm not planning on donating my pinky in this lifetime!