Page 1 of 2
Well here's to a NTD for me

Tung-sol 12ax7s which are replacing my EHX 12ax7s and a couple of jj 12ax7s.

Here's a shot of my little JAN 5751 for my PI slot

and here's a shot of the tube family. Hope they will be nice to each other!

Also here's a full shot of my rig with pedals/guitar and all The MTS stuff isn't new but i thought I'd like to share!

Coming SOON!
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
HNTD!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me

next we'll have NSD for new strings
Fender American Deluxe Strat, Epiphone Firebird Studio Worn Cherry, Adam Black S5ce

Dunlop Crybaby, Korg Pitchblack, Keeley BD-2, Proco Vintage Rat, MXR Script Phase 90, Danelectro Chorus, Marshall Echohead

Peavey Classic 30
HNTD! i saw your XCT "art project" thing on the MTS forum; got that figured out yet? does it still work?

have you got them in yet? how do they sound; i may be switching out some preamp tubes soon. i heard the JAN 5751 was a good choice; did you hear any improvement?

what is that second module?
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by rhcp-legends

next we'll have NSD for new strings

umm ok?

dont post then.

Kylendm, when are you gonna get your Baron K88 module?
feel free to add me
I have the XTC and Ultra in the pic and the 5751 really (in my opinion) does not lower the gain at all. I still have so much raw gain with my Ultra and XTC. Even my Brown as a good metal punch in it now . Over all i think the Tung-sols made things a bit thicker which is what i needed and the Jan was just a nice touch to get rid of some of the unwanted noise.

The XTC still works lol but i think i might get that changed...for all those who are wondering this is what i found on my module..

The baron custom is going this weekend WTF
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm

The baron custom is going this weekend WTF

very nice!

post clips when you get it
and post it here, some JewGers(no offense to jews) like the guy below my first post might complain again.
feel free to add me
really. i might have to try some tung-sols in my 1087; right now it has EHX, and i'm struggling to get it to sound just right. i'm probably going to send it to Anthony for the 1666, as well as my silverface clean for the lone clean mod. then i'm sending my ULead to Pete for the mark mod. i just need the money first.

so the JAN lowered the noise? my RM80 has a little problem with that; not a big deal, but i would like to lower it as much as possible. soon i'm going to get a Decimator G String to replace the regular one i have now so that i can run it through the loop and front and get rid of all the noise.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Anthony's modules are awesome but... it would take for to long for me to send my things to him. Jaded Faith on the forums is another very good modder. He lives an hour away some i'm getting my Ultra modded to Baron KT88 specs. Now the Mark mod is just sick!

The JAN is defiantly a great tube for the PI and V1 in each of the modules.

Here's my rig btw:

EDIT: i just put the strings on so don't hate!
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
nice rig. i was thinking about getting a RM100 at one point, but decided that it was too much for what i need; then i settled for the RM80 and got some JJ 6V6's in it so it is at a lower wattage.

how does that tubescreamer and eq sound through the amp?? i was thinking about getting one of them.

and i like the guitar in the middle; its a steve vai guitar right? how does it play? and what model is the black ibanez?

does Jaded Faith have a list of mods he does??
--Einstein

--Einstein
The RM100 has the JJs in it as well, but im getting KT88s in it soon.

The TS is cool and all but it doesn't have the kick i thought it would.

The EQ is perfect i love it for shaping the sound.

The black guitar is an older Ibanez SA series model and the JEM in the middle is from 87 one of the first ever made.

Then the B.C. Rich is the NJ series so it's not their ****tiest guitars. I got EMGs in it too.

Jaded has no list but if you ask him about them he mods them the best he can to specs that you'd like .

Edit: i have every Texaco truck made...lol
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Jul 31, 2009,
Sound clip of ultra and XTC in profile. Its kinda ****t cause of no mic stand or great mic but, it gives you an ok idea.

XTC for lead Ultra for Rhythm.

Some reverb was used.

come on guys don't leave me hangin
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Haha we got like the same stuff

I read your thread and it seems like everything that happened to your vavleking happened to my Randall. They really are great tubes. Now i just have to wait for my KT88s
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Here's a clip from Box.net

http://www.box.net/shared/1jv9sdp4fd
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
nice open tones. i didnt know you could copy tones like barons...well officially. all i would need would be a module like engl se, mako mak2 baron kt88 and fender twin and i would

Jizz--in--my--pants

If anyone knows if these mods are possible..do tell! I could get that new crazy rm rack with like 20 spaces.
I love my JAN in the PI. It's awesome!! Nice stuff!!! HNTD!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Actrually it is possible...lol

Salvation custom mods customizes you modules to whatever amp you want. Hes got an Engl mod called the Angel, Benzin is a Deziel and much more. If you ask he can do it.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by Machinz
nice open tones. i didnt know you could copy tones like barons...well officially. all i would need would be a module like engl se, mako mak2 baron kt88 and fender twin and i would

Jizz--in--my--pants

If anyone knows if these mods are possible..do tell! I could get that new crazy rm rack with like 20 spaces.

Salvation mods have done a HUGE range of modded modules.

Mark IV module, Diezel VH4 module, Framus Cobra Module, CAA 3+ SE module etc etc etc

They are def. worth checking out.

HAHAH beaten to it apparently....

Have you tried the JAN in the PI yet? It is much quieter IMHO
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Salvation mods have done a HUGE range of modded modules.

Mark IV module, Diezel VH4 module, Framus Cobra Module, CAA 3+ SE module etc etc etc

They are def. worth checking out.

HAHAH beaten to it apparently....

Have you tried the JAN in the PI yet? It is much quieter IMHO

Dont tell me that...had my mind set on a blackstar series 100 which they are gonna mod for me kt88s WITH WARRANTY. power reduction and isf for tone switching.
Last edited by Machinz at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by Machinz
*Obscenely large pic of the lonely island guy jizzing in his pants*

Dont tell me that...had my mind set on a blackstar series 100 which they are gonna mod for me kt88s WITH WARRANTY. power reduction and isf for tone switching.

The RM4 rack with a VHT 2:90:2 or 2:50:2 is complete sex.....seriously, with the modules available...oh man..it's like if you want to try out a new tone...spend $250 (equivalent price of a spider) and get a completely new godly tone...

The initial setup price is really the only big expense...
Last edited by Brendan.Clace at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by Brendan.Clace
The RM4 rack with a VHT 2:90:2 or 2:50:2 is complete ####.....seriously, with the modules available...oh man..it's like if you want to try out a new tone...spend $250 (equivalent price of a spider) and get a completely new godly tone...

The initial setup price is really the only big expense...

Im in the Uk unfortunately so the mark up is huge. Talking $2500 for the rack.
Well the guy who does salvation mods is right in austria or something lol
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm

sehr interessant. danke. his website seems to have malware or something at the mo.

germans(and austrians i guess) make great cars beer and amps.
Last edited by Machinz at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by Machinz
germans make great cars beer and amps.

TROOF
Anthony is in the Czech Rebublic.

and the Mark mod is Pete's mod. but i'm sure Anthony could make something to that effect as well.

ya, Anthony's website isn't up and running yet. he has a myspace page, as well as a soundclip page with clips of most of his modules. check out the MTS forum for the links.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
Anthony is in the Czech Rebublic.

and the Mark mod is Pete's mod. but i'm sure Anthony could make something to that effect as well.

ya, Anthony's website isn't up and running yet. he has a #### page, as well as a soundclip page with clips of most of his modules. check out the MTS forum for the links.

i checked them out. the clean was probably my favourite. In terms of versatility they are the best but i dont think most of the replications are as good as the original.
Quote by Machinz
i checked them out. the clean was probably my favourite. In terms of versatility they are the best but i dont think most of the replications are as good as the original.

ya, i'm hoping to get the loneclean soon. i don't really care if they accurately replicate the amp, just as long as they sound good; and his mods sound amazing, imo. definitely versatile. the number of options in one module of his is amazing; and have you seen that RM20 he mod'd? amazing.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by Machinz

Jizz--in--my--pants

ENGL is definitely possible. Dunno about the Mako, but it's probably possible . Everything else is good though Put em in an RM4 with an RT2/50 preamps running 5881's in one side (for the twin and ENGL sounds) and KT88s (for the Baron and Mako sounds) in the other
Quote by kylendm

Czech republic actually
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jul 31, 2009,
Just sent out my Ultra to get it modded for Baron KT88 Custom specs. This house is gonna be full of metal soon .

Btw can someone help me out.

I think i have 60 cycle but apparently it's not. This is the feedback i get from my amp when the volume on my guitar is at 0.

http://www.box.net/shared/501xxkq7os

Modules go from:

Brown->Ultra->XTC

Mic is the same distance from the amp as the others. Nothing is changed. This is also right from my guitar to the ISP Decimator to the Amp
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Aug 1, 2009,
Quote by kylendm
Just sent out my Ultra to get it modded for Baron KT88 Custom specs. This house is gonna be full of metal soon .

I think i have 60 cycle but apparently it's not. This is the feedback i get from my amp when the volume on my guitar is at 0.

Modules go from:

Brown->Ultra->XTC

Mic is the same distance from the amp as the others. Nothing is changed. This is also right from my guitar to the ISP Decimator to the Amp

Are you running the decimator in the FX loop as well?

If not, then this is the problem I suspect....

If this is the case, then the problem is that the decimator is only eliminating guitar noise, and not amp noise between the pre and power amp.

Try it in both and see what happens (if you have the G-String or Pro Rack G), if not, try it in just the FX loop and see if that helps.
Quote by kylendm

Modules go from:

Brown->Ultra->XTC

i'm no expert, but i'm thinking the tubes, or something else in the chassis? i have almost the same setup, and the only noise i get is from the preamp tubes in the back. but i hear that noise underneath the noise you are talking about, so maybe its not the tubes. i think it is most likely something in the chassis, b/c ideally, the decimator should get rid of all the noise made by the guitar and modules. sorry i can't help more. hope you get it figured out.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
i'm no expert, but i'm thinking the tubes, or something else in the chassis? i have almost the same setup, and the only noise i get is from the preamp tubes in the back. but i hear that noise underneath the noise you are talking about, so maybe its not the tubes. i think it is most likely something in the chassis, b/c ideally, the decimator should get rid of all the noise made by the guitar and modules. sorry i can't help more. hope you get it figured out.

If the decimator is only in front of the amp...it won't get rid of any amp noise really.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
If the decimator is only in front of the amp...it won't get rid of any amp noise really.

i'm pretty sure it only gets rid of the guitar/pup noise and the module noise. yes, the amp noise is still there. in the loop, the amp noise is gone, but any noise from the p'ups or modules still gets through. at least thats what happens with mine. when i have it in the loop, the "hiss" from the preamp tubes in the back disappears, but i get a "crackly" noise from the 1087 whenever i play a note or chord. but that doesn't happen when it is in front.

ISP front = p'up/guitar/modules
ISP loop = P1, V1, and FX loop buffer.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Quote by kylendm

to who the guy in the czech republic?
Quote by JKMV11
i'm pretty sure it only gets rid of the guitar/pup noise and the module noise. yes, the amp noise is still there. in the loop, the amp noise is gone, but any noise from the p'ups or modules still gets through. at least thats what happens with mine. when i have it in the loop, the "hiss" from the preamp tubes in the back disappears, but i get a "crackly" noise from the 1087 whenever i play a note or chord. but that doesn't happen when it is in front.

ISP front = p'up/guitar/modules
ISP loop = P1, V1, and FX loop buffer.

Yup *nods* completely agree!
Quote by Machinz
to who the guy in the czech republic?

no, i think he sent it to Jaded Faith, who i guess lives near him.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Yeah i sent it to a modder near me might get a faceplate done from Salvation or Pete idk yet. The noise is very annoying. I move away from the amp ,10-15 feet, and still i get the same noise. My computer is right here but i got the same noise at my friends house. I got all new tubes so i doubt it's the tubes. They were all matched as well. Who knows. I tried tilting my guitar and still nothing.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm
Yeah i sent it to a modder near me might get a faceplate done from Salvation or Pete idk yet. The noise is very annoying. I move away from the amp ,10-15 feet, and still i get the same noise. My computer is right here but i got the same noise at my friends house. I got all new tubes so i doubt it's the tubes. They were all matched as well. Who knows. I tried tilting my guitar and still nothing.

Go read my posts... lol
Well here's the irony. Ready?...The problem is the ISP i removed it from all the pedals and its the one making all that noise from my amp. I ran it on every channel. Nothing fedback from the amp when the guitar was at 0... So now i'm gonna look inside the ISP. Oh and before i did this i ran it in the effects loop. Still was noisy.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE