Right now im building a nashville tele made of swamp ash with a maple neck. im wondering what pickups would be great for a country blues sound. im looking at the alinco II pro from SD. has anyone ever used these

also what would fit that sound for the middle strat pickup. Thats what im having the hardest time with. i want something that will fit the sonic qualities of the wood.

any suggestions would be awesome.
Gear

Epiphone Les paul
Vox ac50cp2
Ibanez s520ex
Squire Jazzbass
The SD's are probably a good choice, but I'd suggest going with one of the "pro" winders on here. Nuthinbuttrubl8 and CordoroyEW both do custom-wounnd pickups and are willing to rewind if you're unhappy with them. They're about the same price as the Duncans, too.

Now, so this whole post doesn't seem like spam, for the middle pickup, you could buy one of the Strat middle pickups by itself and use it in the neck position. It'd be unique, at least. Can't guarantee how good it'd work, though.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Jeff Buckley used a SD Hot Lead Stack in his Tele, in the bridge position and probably the standard Fender neck pickup. If you like that sound.

SD Hot Lead Stack
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Skeet UK
Jeff Buckley used a SD Hot Lead Stack in his Tele, in the bridge position and probably the standard Fender neck pickup. If you like that sound.

SD Hot Lead Stack

I love that pickup, but, for what the OP described, it would be a terrible choice.
Quote by bumblu1
im looking at the alinco II pro from SD.

I have these pickups in my tele, i think theyre awesome and would reccomend them for many different types of music.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Do you want the twangy country blues or a more rounded and full tone?
Not taking any online orders.
i want the twang but i dont want a chicken picken sound if that makes any sense.
Gear

Epiphone Les paul
Vox ac50cp2
Ibanez s520ex
Squire Jazzbass
^The alnico 2 in the pickups you are looking at will filter out your twang so I don't think they are quite right for you but the alnico 5 brige pickups will give you the chicken picken sound you don't wan't too.

I suggest you get my Interceptor bridge pickup. It's based on the 1st broadcaster pickup which used alnico 3 magnets that had a slightly larger diameter and plane enamel wire. The Alnico 3 gives you a much better treble than alnico 2 but doesn't get glassy like alnico 5. The wider dia. magnets will give you a fuller bass and more volume. The PE wire gives you a more defined, classic, and aggressive tone than you would get from modern poly. It's a favorite of many country, blues, and alternative players and there are some soundclips of it on my website.

In the neck I suggest one of my Long Dirt Road (LDR) pickups. It's the pickup fender used in the neck of their telecasters from the mid 50's all the way up to the 70's. If you want classic tele neck tone nothing will get you closer.
Not taking any online orders.